Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RSD and getting relief

elijjenningseelijjennings Posts: 33
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Alternative Treatments
Does anyone with RSD know of alternative treatments to find some relief? I'm on a "medication holiday" which is just a terrible term. I'm looking for ANYTHING that could bring some relief.

• Why in the world did your Doctor put you on a "medication holiday"??? That is just plaon cruel.
    RSD is the very worst kind of pain anyone can suffer!!

To hear this makes me so angry! Please let your Doctor know that you can't take the pain right away!! They cant force you to go completely off pain meds. It is unethical(sp?)

Can you find another Doctor? Now this is just my opinion....but I would run from this Doctor as fast as I could. Does this Doctor know anything about RSD? I do not have RSD but I know others that have it. I have neuropathy and believe me it is a bear to treat and the pain is brutal. RSD is even worse. Flare ups are torture aren't they?

How long is this so called "holiday"? That is just an awful name to put on down right torture. It is anything BUT a holiday!

I am sorry to go on like this ...but I am so angry that some Doctor would put you through this.

Yes...I know the so called "reasoning" behind this but does it really work? Has it been proven to work? Perhaps it does in some cases but with RSD?

How I wish I could help you. But I know nothing that can help. I prey someone else does.

Again I apologise for ranting like this but I know what my friends with this same condetion suffer. My heart goes out to you. Please keep us posted.
    Patsy W

• I've done several medication "holidays" and they are very effective in allowing certain drugs to once again be effective in the treatment of your pain. When I have done these medication holidays, the doc has introduced a different medication in order to help manage the pain as best as possible.

Is your doc doing the medication holiday in preparation for your SCS trial? Some docs feel it is beneficial to remove pain medications prior to the trial in order to get a better idea of how much relief you are getting from the SCS.

If the pain is that out of control, contact your doc and let him know. That is something he needs to know about, in order to better serve you.