Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my thoracic

Lela1122LLela1122 Posts: 119
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi all, I have now joined the thoracic group here on spine health, I had an acdf 4/5 5/6 june 2010. When I first started having having neck problems I was having mid back problems, but that took the back seat to my neck. Last week when I saw my ns and he looked at my xray of my cervical he said wow looks great, I told him I was having bad pain in my t spine oing to break in half with pain going into my ribs and sternum. He said to me. didnt you tell me your mid was hurting last year when we talked about your neck? I said yes!!! I thought if I had my neck fixed if would help my thoracic. Well I had an mri of my thoracic, I have a disc bulge at my t8/9. Pm guy said that could causr the pain, the ns said the films look pretty good, so I am scheduled to go in for an epidural in my t spine next week to see if it gives me some relief. I have been reading your posts, its nice to be back! The other thing I will say is that I thought I was having gall bladder problems and even had an ultasound of the gall bladder, liver kidneys because of the pain, until the muscle spasms started again in my thoracic did I realize its my back!!! Thanks guys Lela

• Sorry to hear you're back with thoracic issues now. I hope the injection helps your pain. I don't have any thoracic problems but just wanted to say nice to see you around again although not happy to see you having more spinal issues. You take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome to the Thoracic club :)

I hope that your EPI works for you.

• Thanks guys, just when I thought the acdf would cure my problems, new ones abound!! Hopefully t5he esi will help.
  • for me only relief i get with tens unit...pain pils make no sence,alltough i take now tramadol...
  • Welcome to the club.. I only suffer from thoracic pain so I don't know how bad the others hurt. I only know how painful the thoracic is. My pm doctor says he treats about 60 percent lumbar, 40 percent cervical and a whooping 10 percent thoracic.

I have tried every injection known to the medical world and none have helped. I hope ESI helps you. The only way I have found relief is through pain meds, which is not the way I wanted to go but I can not function any other way.

Good luck on your injections...
  • Thanks emmy and spinethoracic, I feel a little better after my pm said I could take more pain pills, I wear my tens unit directly on the nerve that runs to my front ribcage too. I also started on baclofen and it seems to help too, the tight muscles back there can also contribute to all that horrible pain!! I havent decided to do the injection yet, I am afraid it might stir things up and make it worse!!
  • Our storie sound so similar. My ACDF was in March of last year with the hope that the thoracic would get better. Unfortunately, getting worse every week. On meds now. This week was given the option of a spinal stimulator and another injection. Not thrilled with either. Looking for second opinions. What else have you considered?