Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finnally have gotten my MRI

JenniferLynneJJenniferLynne Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions
Last spring I went to my doctor compaining of pain going down my left leg into my foot and some low back pain issues. I had been to the walk-in clinic, where the doc had recomended a MRI and to go to my Primary. SheMy primary took X-rays,she said that they X-rays came back clean,gave me some pain killers, and sent me to physical therepy.
PT discovered I had sciatica though the course of working together. They got me started on yoga which helped alot. I ened PT at the end of Aug. I was back at the ER By Dec. with pain so bad I could barely walk. They gave me pain meds and said I needed and MRI and to go see my primary to get one done. She was on Vacation. The Nurse said I wouldn't be able to see her until Febuary. I told her that wasn't going to work with the amount of pain I was in. She told me to get a new primary then. So, I did. He gave me some pain meds, on of which it took a week for im to get something my insurence would cover, and sent me to PT. My phamacist had me contact him about a drug interation but he said not to worry about it, that I wouldn't be on them that long anyway. PT told me to tell him it wasn't helping and that my pain was still there and even with the meds I wasn't sleeping well. He said he'd refer me to pain management and that I could have a MRI if I wanted one. I said I did. A week later I went for my MRI. After several days I called the doctor to get my results, since I hadn't heard from them. They finnally called back and said I have a pinched nerve and a bulging disc and that they would refer me to pain mangaement. Meanwhile, I finnished off my PT and they recomended that I get a MRI for my neck too based on their test results and gave my the name of a good Nuero because they didn't feel my doc was doing a good job. After a few days I called my doc office to get the phone number for pain management since it had been several days again and I hadn't heard from them. Turns out they never got the referal! They set me up with an appointment, I go in tomarrow, and said that they would get the referal and told me to get copies of X-rays and MRI's pertinant to the problem. Now I'm really pissed! Not only does the MRI paper work say I have Multilevel Degenerative Spondylosis, so does the X-ray I had last Aug. that I was told was clean!

L4-L5 5mm central disc bulge?protrusion
L5-S1 intervertebral disc disiccation with a 3-5mm central disc protrusion and a super inposed annular fissure.

I really can not wait until tomarrow. I finnally feel like I will be getting some answers!

Anyway, I just needed to vent a bit, thanks, and I wanted to write this so others who may be going through a bunch of B.S. trying to get answers will know that they are not alone. Keep pushing for answers. I think my age may have something to do with them dragging their feet, I'm only 37, but that really isn't an excuse for ignoring my problems.

• That's rough having to change Drs and not hearing about your test results. A good reminder for all of us to get a CD of the x-rays and MRI results and a copy of the Radiologist's readings. I hope you're seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon or Neurosurgeon for a consult and then pain management you get some relief. It's good you've been with a Physiotherapist helping you all this time. Vent away. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. so glad you dropped by.. i would not think that your age is a problem.. it sounds more like medical mess up to me!! that happens alot and you really have to keep on top of your tests and paperwork... sometimes you wonder what the medical team is really doing??? good luck to you and i hope this next round of doctors work out better for you and you get some results you can work with.. stop by anytime! Jenny :)