Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

super nervous after car accident

dehoyos13ddehoyos13 Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
2011 has come in with craziness! I am 14 months post ACDF c4-6. 10 days ago I had a Ct myelogram for new pain, numbness and weakness in my left arm.

I wrecked my car 2 days ago. The ambulance took me to our local trauma center where I gave them my surgical history. The ER did not take any xrays and released me stating that the pain I was in was muscular. In this I agreed, the pain was muscular but I thought that an Xray should have been taken to ensure that the hardware was intact.

Today...2 days later, my left hand is extremely weak and the tingling is now constant. I'm really nervous about this! My husband is angry that no xrays were taken - I was only given a script for pain meds. HELLO....I ALREADY HAVE THOSE! I made that really clear to the dr.

So now I'm home, hurting (I do not want to stay on Percs or Vicos) and concerned. I'll be calling my surgeon tomorrow. I have a follow up from the CT on Wednesday but maybe they can squeeze me in tomorrow. Of course, the challenge is that I have no car now...sigh. Life.....

Having a want to scream day!

• Oh boy! I am so sorry this happened :hug: I too would be freaking out. Truthfully I freak when I just fall down. I sit there for a bit and take count of everything I can still feel lol - and I have not had my surgery yet.

I think ER should have taken x-rays.

Pain meds? are you still ( or ever were ) under a pain med contract with your DR? Just wanted to remind you of that in case you were and forgot since the Er gave you meds ;)

Please keep us updated...
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I was sent to physical therapy 3 weeks ago. At the first consult the therapist did not feel comfortable with any of the gentle manipulations for my neck. There was too much tingling and arm pain. He spoke with the surgeon, who gave me Vicoprofen and sent me for Ct Myelogram. The Ct was 2 weeks ago.

I'm just really aching. I mean, I knew I would be. I was expecting that. I was not expecting the tingling in my left hand, neck pain and headache.

The ER should have taken xrays, I agree! The ambulance wouldn't take me to the hospital that I requested. I had surgery at one of the premier hospitals in my city - which was closer than the one they did take me to! I'm frustrated....but at the same time, I'm glad to be alive. Had I been driving a smaller car, it would've been a different story. I was thinking of replacing my Jeep Cherokee. Now, we'll just repair it and keep it as long as it runs! It was life saver!!!!

I'll keep posted...my head feels like it weighs 200 pounds. sigh
  • Sorry to hear about your car accident, it's a new perspective on life being in an accident for sure. I hope you see the Dr. who did the CT and get the x-rays soon and I would call the office and let them know about your accident so they get you in sooner. I hope everything's okay with your surgery hardware. Keep us posted. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN