Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic headaches

turbo313tturbo313 Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
they are killing me. they are happening more frequently and with more intensity it feels like. they are always on top of my head and it feels like i have a sledge hammer from the inside banging my skull.

anyone else experience these? i see my new neurologist march 2nd and will be bringing this up. i had an mri if my cervical and lumbar areas and they came back fine. just wish these damn headaches would go away.

• I'm glad you are seeing a doctor about this! There are so many causes for headaches.

I get them from my neck, I find an ice pack on my neck to be a huge help as well as a Soma at bed time.

Only your doc can figure this one out.
  • i keep getting this awful pain at the base of my skull on the gith side...hurts like hell and the only thing that knocks it out is hydrocodone. just another thing i will be mentioning to my neurologist.
  • I have been having the most miserable headaches too!! As of right now I am going on 10 hours of a pretty intense headache. I am calling my PM tomorrow and talking to him about them. Mine seem to be getting progressivly worse. I don't know how many days of this I can handle. I have mentioned to him that I've been getting headaches like this but they seem to be more frequent now. Not to mention I have tests this week that I can not miss! Ugh :(
    Best of luck to you at the doctor. Let us know what they say.
  • I "had/ have" chronic headaches for about 14 months. My pcp doctor ordered the brain mri/ went to the eye doc/ tried migrain medicine and finally she put me on Topomax. The Topomax works by reducing the number of headaches you get it doesn't stop a headache. It worked great for me and also helped my nerve pain.

When I get one it usually lasts about 30 hours. I keep ice packs on the base of my head and then move it to the front of my head. I take OTC meds with my pain meds and try to drink water and tea. Caffene actually helps. My pcp recomends Excedrin Mirgaine and a big coffee- I don't drink coffee anymore due to stomach irritation so I drink green tea instead.

Hang in there :)

• I'm amazed at how much I use my ice packs, including for my neck headaches.

I actually have 3 ice packs in the freezer now & need to add more.

• I went to a new neurologist last week and he was wonderful! he ordered a slew of blood work and I had a brain MRI yesterday. so far the blood work shows I have a vitamin D deficiency. the mri results should be in tomorrow. he is going to put me on depakote for my myoclonic jerks and get me off of lyrica..both have the horrible hunger side effect..grrr.

will keep you posted on the mri results :)
  • just an acute sinus infection in my right maxillary. so antibiotics have been ordered and here is hoping my headaches go away!
    i have an EEG scheduled monday as well.

can i just feel normal for just a little while? :)
  • this morning. Can't wait to see what it says. I have had one before, but this time the strobe light really bothered me.
This discussion has been closed.