Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two crazy questions

outofcontrolooutofcontrol Posts: 264
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi all,

We are planning to move to another state (OHIO) and I will need to find some new docs after we relocate.

1. I currently see a PMD, so plan to have WC assign a new one when we move. I see me NS, who I hate, annualy to check xrays of my fusion. Shoud I request a new NS or ask to see a Neurologist (who I know and trust). I don't think I would really need to see a NS unless there was a definite need for surgery, and a Neurologist would be able to evaluate any current or new problems, correct?

2. I an currently getting over some "kid crud" that my two year old granddaughter shared with me. I have a terrible sinus infection, infected right ear, and my throat was so sore it felt like I was swallowing razor blades. :& My question is--I take MS Contin, Percocet, Cymbalta and Skelaxin--why did my throat hurt so bad? You would think I wouldn't have felt anything! This makes no sense to me....

Another one of those things that makes me go..hmmmmmmm??? :?

I appreciate any suggestions or advice anyone can provide!!

• The pain meds are probably working. Can you imagine how bad your throat would hurt if you didn't take the meds?

Recently my neighbor's daughter gave me the crud. She was laid up for a solid week, antibiotics and muscle relaxer were given to her since she was suspected of strep (not testing positive). I also got the crud and I felt bad, but wasn't stuck in bed. My throat hurt a lot, but didn't stop me from eating/swallowing. I assumed it was due to the fact that I am on 24 hr pain meds/muscle relaxers.

I would think a Neurologist would be okay. Did you ask your pcp what they thought about it?

Good luck :)

• Thank you for your response.
    It probably would be a good idea to see what my PCP says. He tries to avoid getting into the whole WC situation, but he might be willing just to give his opinion.
    The other question still blows my mind. I am sure the pain meds are working. My husband and I ended up laughing about it. He said I can't use "the headache excuse" anymore, and that I must have "imagined" burning my hand when I was cooking.
  • How is the throat now? Better? If not you might need an antibiotic. I know around work here there sure is a lot of crud going around! Everyone is sick and hacking...
  • Yes, I went to the doc a week ago and started my 10 days of antibiotics. I really did not start feeling better for several days.
    I am not sure if people here think I am crazy or not, but I was really surprised to feel that much pain from a sore throat when I was taking all this medication.
    I don't know......it just freaks me out. But I am one of those people who is completely baffled about how a fax machine can transmit written documents, so I guess it will all be fine!!! =))
    Thanks for asking!!
  • Hi - you've asked a question that has foxed me for years! :) How is it I can be permanently on enough Tramadol to numb an elephant, yet can still get a headache from time to time....which then a mere couple of paracetomol stops? ... or maybe we DO get sore throats, headaches and so on, but we don't actually feel them because of all the painkillers in our bloodstreams until we get a really really bad one?.... I don't know either!
  • I had a whopper of a headache the other day and was thinking - how can this be??? i do think that our pain meds work on specific types of pain tho, so that might be the reason. I know what I take works great for nerve pain but doesn't do much for arthritis pain. However, I can live with that, not complaining! As long as the nerve crap stays at bay, I'm a happy gal!
  • Sorry...I can't help you out either. I am still trying to figure out which shoe goes on what foot! ~X(

Good luck with finding a good Doctor.

Patsy W
  • Mouse and Numenius for your comments. As I have said, I don't want to seem stupid, but how could that have hurt so bad after my MS Contin and Percocet. If I had a heart attack, would I feel chest pain?
    It just blows what little bit of a mind that I have left!! =))
This discussion has been closed.