Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 level fusion Failed

ron prron p Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well 19 months after fusion not good news ct scan showed that part of it did not heal dr said I need another surgery to replace the hardware and another bone graph if anyone went through this did it work for you? W.C. is sending me for a second opinon they did that before my first surgery you can see it clear that its not heald well I just hope it helps the pain also the dr said that i will have to stay 5 days in the hospital again just the thought of surgery again sucks. Im 54 year old man and had L3-4-5-S1 fused dont smoke wore a bone stimulator for 6 months hope it works this time. Godd luck to all you out there also

• Just wanna say Hi, and good luck

Reading your's, we are very similar.
    I am 55 y/o, i'm 10 months post-op a 2 level fusion l4l5/l5s1, mine is also w.c., and i too wore the bone stim. for 6 months.
    I had my 2nd CTscan last week, and i go to see my NS tomorrow to tell me what is says.
    Me looking at it, appears i'm fully fused at l4l5, but i dont see any sign of fusion at l5s1, but i'm a truckdriver not a doctor, so i'm not gonna get concerned until my doctor reads it to me.
    I also was lucky in regards to w.c., they approved everything my NS asked for, so i can understand your frustration with w.c. wanting those 2nd opinions.

But anyway good luck to you, and i hope everything works out for you.
  • W.C has been doing everything the dr. ask for just they want 2nd opinon they did that on my first sugery. CT scan showes im not heald after 18 months and my dr said that after all that amount of time it should have all healed not just one level and he said it has to be fixed
  • Good luck to ya.
    I hope i dont have to do it again.

But get it fixed while w.c. is responsible for you.