Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Edema in/on my lumbar spine with burning

juleofbcjjuleofbc Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
HELP I am going to lose it soon. Does any one have SEVERE burning in/on lumbar to tailbone burning pain. I have been suffering for quite a while.I have ddd,spondo,fibro,in the lumbar.I went and had the nerve burning done.It made it worse.I am on high dosage of pain meds and anti inflammatory,plus neurotin.Nothing is stopping the burning,plus SEVERE leg pain.Please does any one else have this,plus what can be done and what is causing it.I am talking any thing touching the area is painful.HELP PLEASE

• I have sacral burning as well after having endoscopic lysis of adhesions procedures in October. I had severe scar tissue after my fusion from Nov. 09. It can be very difficult maintaining calm through that pain. For me, meds and ice help. As the pain escalates, it takes several hours to feel some relief. When it is severe, any elevation of my back/head causes the pain to remain severe. I can't even lie flat either, I have to lie with a couple of pillows on one side.

I know you are looking for answers or solutions...which I have few. Sorry...I do feel your pain however. Do you have a pain mgt doctor?

Take care,

• Thanks, for your reply.I am glad I am not losing my mind.Not to many people are stuck with this wonderful affliction.I don't even go any where.Only if I have to because the pain I know I will feel when out and the PAIN that is going to be felt when I return.Clothes touching slowly gets it going,then damn ,here we go again. I have to lean on my side while in my recliner. I am going to lose it soon.I am so sorry you are having the same pain.I truely understand.Ice helps me also.I have electric blanket on my legs and ice back on my butt.oh baby what a life.ok hope you feel better.If I find anything else that helps I will surely let you know
  • Some times my spine is to tender to touch and laying down actually is too much pressure I roll pillows on either side and under my legs (just like I did after my fusion). I take my pain meds, muscle relaxer, OTC meds and I form a nest around my body sort of. I cradle my self from the neck down.

The gel ice packs work pretty well, I picked up some large ones (8X10) they are soft. Also I use a heating pad and a tens unit that I like to use together.

If it is during the day I will often use my huge exercise ball (4ft around) and lay on it (belly down) - it decompresses my spine with my own weight.

Hang in there,

• Pilates ball helped me alot also! Only issue I found with it was its hard to get back up after being on it for a while.

Hang in there!

• I do not have the swelling, but I do have the burning. Yes, it does hurt so bad. I use ice and lie down, and sometimes have to have my knees raised on pillows to help ease it.