Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 week till 360 fusion

tracibennttracibenn Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I posted a while ago regarding my upcoming surgery. I want to thank you all for your comments. I have since then re-evaluated my future plans and have put off working for 3-6 months post surgery.
My surgery is a week from today (Feb 1). It was suppose to be yesterday, but my pre-surgery lab work came back with low platelets (I have chronic ITP). So now I'm on a high dose of steroids for the week and hope my numbers reach 100,000 (normal starts at 140) by surgery. I was very dissapointed to have postpone surgery, but have a complete understanding as to why.
The wait is agonizing. It seems my pain has been worse this week than in the past. The hardest part of this whole experience is the fact that so few friends and family truely understand what I am dealing with. I consider myself very high functioning considering my diagnosis and pain. This gives the appearance that I'm not really suffering. I dont know if they think I should be bed ridden? I'm just ready for this all to be over

Sorry for the vent, its been building up for a while now!

• With the blood count and the surgery. It has to be frustrating to have it postponed but I think you made a wise decision on the time off work - patience surely is the name of this spinal surgery recovery game - like it or not and I really don't:)