Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Gone for a few days

tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Just thought I would let everyone know I will be gone for a few days. I been having some stomach issues and thought I kept get the flu. But, then the issues got closer together and worse. So a trip to the GI doctor some testing, and was determined my gall bladder was bad. So hope fully tomorrow I will wake up with a few incisions and feel better finally. Now there was a plus to all of this those holiday pounds everyone gets, no need to shed them here, sense, haven't really eaten in a month. But, I don't recommend that as a means of weight loss, just eating healthier would be a little easier. Anyway if anyone leaves me a message don't expect to hear something for a few days, or if I do answer may not be very logical. Now if you see me logged in, that is me, killing time sense I have major issues sleeping outside of my bed and anesthesia keeps me up for days. Anyway catch everyone latter have a good rest of the week.

• Tamtam,

Sorry to hear you have to have surgery. Glad though that they figured it out fast. God speed on your recovery! *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks for letting everyone know. I'm hoping you have a very easy removal and all goes well and as planned.

Feel better and we'll look forward to having you back - without the tummy aches.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that your GB surgery goes well and that you feel better real soon. It will be a relief and hopefully you will be able to eat better.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how you are as soon as you can.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Good Luck with your surgery Tam, wishing you the best for a quick recovery and getting back to eating well.
    I will be thinking of you, qnd look forward to seeing you back on SH

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Good luck Tammy and speedy recovery!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • feel better soon, looks like your having the MIS for it, i had mine removed with the open surgery, 7 and half inch incision, was not fun

but with the MIS, its a much easier recovery

take care
  • You will be feeling so much better soon. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Marianne xxoo
  • Surgery is done, and not really sure what was done, as my niece said two different things. I have made it through the night which was not small feat. So hopefully my cousin is on his wake to pick me up, I have know Idea what is going on here, but I know I need some pain relief, So the pm doctor is on the way home, Not to mention I have stronger meds at home, than what they are giving me. But I think I have found out what is really bad care?
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Tam I'm so sorry you've had such bad care! That really ticks me off!

I hope when you get home and take your meds you'll get some relief. Take it easy and try to rest.

Geez..you go for help and pain relief and what do ya get?? Sorry Tam.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Tam

I am glad your surgery is over, but so sorry to hear it was a bad experience.
    Get well soon

Liz xx

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • thinking about you and sorry things went oop'sy for you. we will get chatting soon and have a good catch up, i keep saying this to mitch!!.......someday soon.

LOVE P

P.S miss you loads xxx
  • Thanks everyone. I did get home and to my own bed and it is so much better here for me. Apparently the hospital was changing computer systems so my prior meds didn't come through right, so they thought they were giving me to much. But in reality it was lower than my normal doses of meds. Finally a good nurse came on duty and read my bottles and realized the problem. But I still prefer being home. It sure didn't help my fear of hospitals, just made it all worse is all.

Yes, P we do need to catch up soon, I am holding you to that promise.

Thanks to all of you whom sent E-cards they did keep me a little entertain and my mind off the pain for a short term, so much appreciated.
  • Glad you're home Tammy!! Were your ears burning at all tonight? We were asking about you in chat, lol. Hope you have a speedy and easy recovery!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own