Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tail bone and hip pain!

LisaRachelLLisaRachel Posts: 286
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just this past week I have been having pain in these 2 areas. I'm 8 weeks 3 level fusion the tail bone pain is new!! anyone have any ideas? Went to the surgeon's yesterday he said everything was great and I have started to fuse!

• thats really good news, re fusion starting allready.

ive just had a major flare with severe pain and inflammation, which also went to my tailbone and rest of sacrum area, i dont no , for me im thinking i have further damage there as ive had this before many times

yours may be related to the odd post op pains, what the surgeon say?
    hope it goes soon
    take care
  • thanks flower,

He said the pain would go away in time. Did not give me any ideas wuy? It's very frustrating! It's really shut me down. I can't even imagine if I was working I would not be able to manage. I guess I still need time to heal.. went to my family doc today and she gave me better pain meds. The crazy thing, it hurts to walk it feels my back is clicking around my hip where they took the bone from. who knows..

Whats going on with you? are you more comfortable?

• all coz i drove my car a little further than i should , which is not far anyway, totally sick of this non life

still waiting for NS , my GP has bin tryiong to contact him but with the hols he was away.....

started to wonder , ya no , i mite be 80 yrs old by the time they get around to it, but the thing is its very bad , and has been needed doing for a long time , bin in bed 2 yrs , but was sorta my fault coz when i saw NS , he took one look at at MRI and said ILl put you on the surgical list, but it happened so fast , and i hadnt been able to ask questions , so i said no , stupid me , now i have to wait more, and i need several areas fusing so , rather ovwhelming to say the least

well considering , you are doing really well , all this after op stuff sucks, lisa that graph that was taken from your hip takes time to heal , i no , its hard
    hang in there , you doing really well
    take car hugs