Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

And it still gets better...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Matters of the Heart
The main through street where I work is shut down this week for “Winterfest” so I have to take an alternate route thru the ghetto’s. Last night I’m leaving work, and I’m on this road with 500 stop signs. I am always SO careful at stop signs because I just hate them, this is a busy part of town. Well, the stop on the street before I waited and waited motioning these two little kids to cross because I was worried they’d get hit with all the traffic and I was very careful because When I got the boot at 17, I had to move to the ghetto (all I could afford) and I lived right around the corner and there is an elementary school right there! Next stop sign, I look both ways twice, no cars so I go. Get almost across and WHAM! I’m like, what the hell… I stop and look in my rearview mirror and sure enough, I had been hit. This car was totaled, and I mean wasted! I see this lady rolling out on her knees and though OMG, she is hurt. So, I start getting out and realize I had hit my knee into my brake controller box under my dash that is for my horse trailer cuz uhm – it hurt like hell. Anyway, by the time I hobble out, some other gal comes running up to me screaming well you broke that lady’s arm and the cops are on there way and I’m like, o.k. So I go check on the lady and her arm kind of swollen, and I said are you o.k.? Oh ya, I think my arm is bruised or broken but I’m o.k., then this weird chick starts yelling at me, “quit trying to make her get up – she shouldn’t get up” I look at her like “Get the F out of my face” and said, I’m not. Anyway, cops show up, they haul her off in an ambulance, yadda, yadda, yadda… I look at her car and it is toast. Hoods gone, bumpers gone, front end smashed into the radiator, fan coming thru the radiator, both doors look like spaghetti, airbag deployed. The police walked around my truck 3 times and they’re like, are you sure she hit you? Oh ya I said, I felt it. Finally figured out she must have hit my front tire because I didn’t have a scratch on the ole F150. My steering wheel is slightly tweeked tho, so it must have threw it out of alignment and I’ll have to get it realigned. Still not sure what happened. The police said they didn’t get a chance to talk to her before she was taken in the ambulance but they think she may have been pulling away from the curb in front of the school and floored it and didn’t see me or something because I was almost thru the intersection when she hit my tire. So weird, he didn’t think her arm was broken, and it wasn’t “Thank goodness” I called and checked on her last night and she’s fine. I was looking thru the paperwork and what is weird is she is living here in a city about 50 miles away, the car is registered in Florida, the insurance is out of Pennsylvania (which it said was expired), and the owner of the car is in West Virginia. Personally, and call me a jerk, I am hoping that she gets better fast and moves on as it appears she has been doing. My insurance is gonna go up if she turns it in and that is another bunch of money every month that I could be stashing away for “my rainy day fund”… My knee is punctured and has a small hematoma that hurts but other than that miraculously it didn’t jar the crap out of my back! Apparantely anyone who is looking for a super safe truck should go buy a F150 Ford 4X4 extended cab shortbox. Of course if you want it to run better and stuff make sure it’s black and has every piece of chrome on it that is made! LOL!

• OMG. That is so scary. I am glad your truck is okay and you "think" you are okay.

It sounds as if it was her fault.

I hope this doesn't cause you any more spinal pain/ long lasting problems since she is not insured.

My spinal trauma didn't really start hurting for a few days and then continued to get worse after the accident. The whole insurance thing is a night mare!

• thank goodness you didnt jar your spine, car crashes are very worrying for us spineys.

youve got me thinking now, about your F150 ford, hope it works out with the insurance for you

• I'm sorry that is how you got to finish your workday. I hope you are not too banged up. Yes, those 150s are tough. I slid mine in a ditch, two years ago in a big ice/snow storm, on my way home from work. The year before that somebody rear ended me at a red light in a snowstorm. Hit me so hard we had to get a wrecker to pull her out from under my rear end. I only have a bent bumper out of those two incidents. I am glad you drive a safe vehicle. We try to build them that way. Oh, and I hate that you had to put up w/some crazy person in addition to everything else.
  • Marion!!! What is going on that the stars are out of alignment for you?? I'm so glad that this didn't cause anymore injury to your back, hope your knee didn't get too messed up. Do you have no fault insurance? what did the police say, did they say it was her fault?

Just watch your pain, and if it gets worse in the next couple of days, especially in the neck, get it checked out right away!!! Sorry this happened to you, not what you need right now!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I have full coverage on my truck, but I haven't heard anything at all from my insurance guy. (He's my buddy too) so he'd call me if there was any claim. I sorta think it is a wierd deal and maybe I'll never hear anything about it which would be fine with me. Kris can do the allignment on my truck, he's already had it on the lift at the shop where he works and said everything looks just fine, just needs an allignment. Guess we'll see how it pans out but I am pretty sure my insurance would go up if she files a claim or vice versa. I have the 05, and hubby has an 08 super duty and we only pay 82 a month for both for full coverage and I'd like to keep it that way! I haven't had a ticket or wreck in over 30 years so this was kind of a pisser. Oh well - stuff happens. I am going to see my doc's nurse today at break, called and told her my RA is out of control. My left hand knuckles are swollen twice the size of the other and I can't hardly type. She said she has some cream she wants me to try and see if it helps and is giving me a sample today.
  • Hey baby, thanks for paying that special attention to my truck when you built it - i do appreciate that!! How are you doing? Good I hope..
    I have to agree, those trucks are bad, never seen anything like it. That gals car got towed on a flatbed in bits and pieces and blackie fired up and skipped all the way home.
  • With 30 years of clear driving record not much should happen.
    My dad made a left in front of someone, dad is 80. He got hit at an angle, was driving a Nissan Quest that belonged to his boss and the bosses girlfriend. Totaled both vehicles. The cop was really nasty, told him he would lose his license, etc;
    Dads boss was only worried about dad, the insurance that his boss had at the dealership covered everything.

No one was hurt. Dad got a letter saying he had 3 points on his license for not using due care or something similar. Fine was less than $200, right in the letter was stated that with his record if he had no other incidents in 6 months they would remove the 3 points!

That was about a year ago and his insurance never changed one bit.

For those who wonder, dad has stopped driving unless absolutely needed. He does not know what happened when he made that turn into on coming traffic and does not want to hurt anyone. No one was hurt in this accident. His boss bought his girlfriend a brand new SUV. so she was happy.

Sadly at the age of 84 my dads boss passed away 2 weeks ago. Dad had worked for him for 58 years and was very upset as they had probably spent more time together than dad did with anyone else in the early years of the dealership.
  • That is very sad, I bet your dad feels pretty badly. Glad he has you there to comfort him and listen... I think it would be terribly hard to get older and see your compadre's and buddies passing away. My best to you and your dad :)
  • Good grief--it just never ends!!!!!!

Hope you are OK!! Love those big solid trucks.
  • If it wasn't your fault, and it shouldn't be because she rear ended you, correct? Her insurance or your insurance will cover using uninsured from the state. At least that's how I believe it works. There are others more knowledgeable about insurance. Technically speaking, you should be able to get your truck fixed without paying anything.

• Mouse said:
    That is very sad, I bet your dad feels pretty badly. Glad he has you there to comfort him and listen... I think it would be terribly hard to get older and see your compadre's and buddies passing away. My best to you and your dad :)
    I did not mean to make you sad!
    Yeah dad is sad and misses his boss, but they knew. They gave him 2 months last Easter, so he beat the odds.

He also had lost his short term memory, so they talked about the things they did starting in 1954! My dad said they talked about stuff he had totally forgotten. Dad really seemed happy when he talked about that.

It even had dad talking to us about when he was a prison guard at a military prison in Georgia. He talked about how he liked the service, but really did not like the "shoot to kill" order they had should anyone escape as most of the guys inside were simply AWOL's. It's stuff we may have never drug out of dad. My oldest was there and he said he never really knew any of that stuff before.

So, the sad can bring out knowledge, memory and in some strange twisted way, happiness.

I hope things bet better for you! AND SOON!
  • I am thinking it might just go away. My son realligned my truck so that is all o.k. This was such a fishy deal that I am not sure she had insurance so maybe she just left the state or something, I don't know. She's definately been all over the US recently and the car wasn't hers, so I don't kow... I'm not saying anything about it!
  • FINALLY!!!!!!! I found the post about your wreck that I kept hearing about but could not find ;)

Happy your OK :D
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.