Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got another call into the doc..

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:50 AM in Chronic Pain
My finger knuckles on my left hand (I’m left handed) are so swollen and hurt so bad today. I have noticed the RA is getting worse. I can’t hardly type at work today, which is what I do… I left my doc a message and let her know about the wreck, but mostly that the celebrex isn’t working too well and this stuff hurts. I guess I’m gonna have to look into some different RA meds and see what’s available – it’s time for a change again… Man this stuff gets old. Finally get one thing under control kind of and then something else goes awry… I’m on a downer today for sure…
advertisement

Comments

• A lot of times stress can bring on a flare-up. It's been a bad week, and I hope that you can relax and feel better soon Mouse.
  • what wreck? I missed it some how - sorry :(

Yep stress does not help & you sure are under a LOT of stress right now :hug:

Celebrex was my miracle med for a long time, them my insurance decided to stop paying for it - spit!

I am currently taking Etodolac 400 mg 3 x daily and it is almost as good as C.

Have you tried sleeping with a heating pad wrapped around your hands at night or ice if your a ice person - which I am not ;)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • alternative treatments for RA? I don't know what the track record is for success, but I know a gal who had intense antibiotic treatment for RA somewhere in the mid-west. She's been symptom free for two years now. Google it. If you find it sounds reasonable and it has a good track record, you may want to look into it.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • She says she has some cream that she thinks may work well so I'm gonna give that a shot. Jeez, it's my guitar playing fingers that run all over the guitar so gotta get them back in order!
  • I remember one time when I was still working that this day kept getting worse, and worse, and worse.
    Just one thing after another, piling on, and on and on.
    Then I got a paper cut and held my hand out and blubbered out "paper cut" and just burst into tears. I walked back into my office and had a good cry.....From that day on, "paper cut" was our word for just being at the end of our rope!!

I am not making light of your RA, I just feel bad for you having a "paper cut" kind of week. I hope things get better.
    Is the cream Capsation? (not sure if that is spelled right) I think it is a hot pepper cream, but it is supposed to work real well.

Good luck,
    Donna
  • She said it is something new. You put 40 drops dispersed over all the knuckles on your hand. I put some on about half an hour ago and it is actually starting to feel better! I can type better anyway. Ya, I hope I have had my share of fun for the week too! I've had enough of it for sure!!!
  • I'm going to have to ask my mom about this, but her neighbour has some sort of machine, not sure if it's like a tens machine or more like an ultrasound machine or what, but she goes over and he "treats" her with it a couple of times a week, and she said it helps! I'll ask her again what it is. She always jokes that I should go and have him do my whole body with it, lol. Hope today is a better day for you!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Maybe a parafin (paraphin), hell I don't know, but I've heard those work pretty well too.

Paper cut-I like that. I had one of those days yesterday. In the past I used to be pretty vocal about my "moments", now.. nobody knows it but me. I did ask my PCP to refer me out to a "shrink" several times, but it falls on deaf ears.

I hope things are improving for you Mouse.
  • what wreck? I sound like a broken record - sorry..lol ;)

I sure hope this new treatment helps you - you sure deserve a break :hug:
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I have asked for a shrink, also. I really think it would help me a lot.
    All I get is that the Anti-depressants should be helping.

Ms Humpty, about the wreck is down toward the bottom of the forum, isted in the same area as she had discussed her bad day in.......

(Dave is going to see this post and one above this and knock me for a loop for not putting the links in....sorry Dave)

outofcontrol and PC challenged!! 8}
  • I still haven't heard a peep out of my insurance company so I hope it stays that way!

The main through street where I work is shut down this week for “Winterfest” so I have to take an alternate route thru the ghetto’s. Last night I’m leaving work, and I’m on this road with 500 stop signs. I am always SO careful at stop signs because I just hate them, this is a busy part of town. Well, the stop on the street before I waited and waited motioning these two little kids to cross because I was worried they’d get hit with all the traffic and I was very careful because When I got the boot at 17, I had to move to the ghetto (all I could afford) and I lived right around the corner and there is an elementary school right there! Next stop sign, I look both ways twice, no cars so I go. Get almost across and WHAM! I’m like, what the hell… I stop and look in my rearview mirror and sure enough, I had been hit. This car was totaled, and I mean wasted! I see this lady rolling out on her knees and though OMG, she is hurt. So, I start getting out and realize I had hit my knee into my brake controller box under my dash that is for my horse trailer cuz uhm – it hurt like hell. Anyway, by the time I hobble out, some other gal comes running up to me screaming well you broke that lady’s arm and the cops are on there way and I’m like, o.k. So I go check on the lady and her arm kind of swollen, and I said are you o.k.? Oh ya, I think my arm is bruised or broken but I’m o.k., then this weird chick starts yelling at me, “quit trying to make her get up – she shouldn’t get up” I look at her like “Get the F out of my face” and said, I’m not. Anyway, cops show up, they haul her off in an ambulance, yadda, yadda, yadda… I look at her car and it is toast. Hoods gone, bumpers gone, front end smashed into the radiator, fan coming thru the radiator, both doors look like spaghetti, airbag deployed. The police walked around my truck 3 times and they’re like, are you sure she hit you? Oh ya I said, I felt it. Finally figured out she must have hit my front tire because I didn’t have a scratch on the ole F150. My steering wheel is slightly tweeked tho, so it must have threw it out of alignment and I’ll have to get it realigned. Still not sure what happened. The police said they didn’t get a chance to talk to her before she was taken in the ambulance but they think she may have been pulling away from the curb in front of the school and floored it and didn’t see me or something because I was almost thru the intersection when she hit my tire. So weird, he didn’t think her arm was broken, and it wasn’t “Thank goodness” I called and checked on her last night and she’s fine. I was looking thru the paperwork and what is weird is she is living here in a city about 50 miles away, the car is registered in Florida, the insurance is out of Pennsylvania (which it said was expired), and the owner of the car is in West Virginia. Personally, and call me a jerk, I am hoping that she gets better fast and moves on as it appears she has been doing. My insurance is gonna go up if she turns it in and that is another bunch of money every month that I could be stashing away for “my rainy day fund”… My knee is punctured and has a small hematoma that hurts but other than that miraculously it didn’t jar the crap out of my back! Apparantely anyone who is looking for a super safe truck should go buy a F150 Ford 4X4 extended cab shortbox. Of course if you want it to run better and stuff make sure it’s black and has every piece of chrome on it that is made! LOL!
  • Thanks Mouse :D I JUST found your thread about this wreck - yep I am so slowwwwwwww ;)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.