Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Botox Monday... Any advice

PeppermintPPeppermint Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My boss and the attorney gave me an extension to be back to full time on Feb 2nd. I have my 1st set of botox injections Jan 31. I am praying for an instant fix and to be able to work full time. Sucks that I have to pay over 1600.00 up front because my deductible has not been met yet. I was soo upset with the nurse in the pain mang. office I just hope this works so I don't have to go there anymore. ( I am praying HARD) Thinking POSITIVE!!!! I am not so sure she will be thrilled with me having to go to the pain clinic every month (it is 1 1/2 hrs away) and going every 3 months for the botox injections.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,372
    What and where are they going to shoot ya full of botox?

What other forms of pain management have they/you tried before comming to this course of therapy??

Please do tell!!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• Particularly for me I try not to take decisions when I am upset. They do not work as well as if I am were more calm.
    Have you read this link>

New in this journey and learning
  • Ms. Peppermint,

Botox was on the list for me when my vocal cords went bad 5 months post op - once the ENT saw my C6 was moving, changed. I hope it can help you. I know for me (never had Botox shots) ESI's for example, was of no help. I truly hope this works for you, as I have heard of others getting great results!!! I just wanted to drop in to give support. *HUGZ*

As for deductibles... sadly, we are in a new year. Sigh....

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • The pain mang. dr. did trigger point injections 2 times, then he did a medical branch block, He said he would prob. do the radiofrequency on the cervical area. Well he did not want to make that choice till I say my neuro again. The neuro said you don't need that you need botox. I am having sever spasms and tightness on the left side of my neck and shoulders and no my tmj on that side is flaring up and alot of pain in my neck and left arm and fingers.