Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another bad back....ouch and hello.

TheregosthebackTTheregostheback Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:50 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all 48 yr old male,work comp accidents 13 yrs ago and now dr says time for surgery.I was wondering if i posted info if someone had the same prob as me they could fill me in.Thanks for any help.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Yes, please do post more info and we'll do what we can to help you. There are a lot of members with WC issues here that can help you with that as well as many of us that have had lumbar surgery as well.

So tell us more about you when you can and let us help. That's what this forum is all about - spineys helping spineys.

You can also do research throughout the site in the form of articles and videos that relate to your situation.

Hoping to hear more from you soon.
    Cathie
  • Thanks for reply,the WC was settled long so its not involved. Here's the info: MRI lumbar spine without contrast
    History: Multiple injuries over the years. Chronic lower back pain. Decreased reflexes left lower extremity.
    Findings: Five lumbar vertebrae. Severe disc space narrowing L5-S1, with adjacent Modic type II changes. Schmorl's node superior endplate L5. Moderate disc space narrowing L2-L3,L3-L4, and L4-L5. Conus medullaris L1. Cauda equina is unremarkable. Loss of normal lordosis.
    L1-L2: Minimal bulge. No spinal stenosis. No foraminal narrowing.
    L2-L3: Mild bulge. Minimal spinal stenosis. Mild left foraminal narrowing. Right neural foramen is not narrowed.
    L3-L4: Mild bulge. No spinal stenosis. Minimal foraminal narrowing.
    L4-L5: Broad-based disc extrusion. Moderate spinal stenosis. Mild to moderate right, and mild left foraminal narrowing.
    L5-S1: Disc osteophyte complex, with small left paramedial disc extrusion. No spinal stenosis. Moderate right foraminal narrowing. Moderately severe left foraminal narrowing, impinging on left L5 spinal nerve.
    IMPRESSION:
    1. L5-S1: Disc osteophyte complex, with small left paramedial extrusion. Moderately severe left foraminal narrowing, impinging on left L5 spinal nerve.
    2. L4-L5: Broad-based disc extrusion causes moderate spinal stenosis.(I wont lie to ya...i hada the wife type all that-id still been typeing into next week if id of typed all that.)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    ">image

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Jeauxbert or haglandc or Administrators tamtam, dave or DiLauro
    In addition, you can always contact any one of the members of the Authority team Neck of Steel or Cath111

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message

What medications are you currently taking? And what other treatments have your tried? Surgery is the answer for many spinal conditions, but I always like to say, have you given all the conservative treatments a try first? I can only assume you have had a number since your surgeon is opting for surgery. And yes, there are times when surgery right away is the only answer.

The more information you can provide us, the better type of responses you will get

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have been given some good advice already!! be sure and check out the different forums and make yourself at home!it is always a good idea to get atleast a second opinion when it comes to surgery. the more information you have the better! good luck! Jenny :)
  • 14 months ago had a MRI found mild buldge L4 L5 S1 with mild stenosis. Lots better but still have days where it sucks! Found my big problem is sitting too long "compression!" How long does this take to heal, Doc say years but "you will recover" well hurry up!
advertisement