Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

any body have advise for me

mattinsydmmattinsyd Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi all
im new here im 35 yr old male and found this site while looking into corrective surgey for thorasic kyphosis
ive seen several doctors here in australia and they are not willing to do any surgery to correct my thoratic kyphosis until it becomes so bad that there is no other way for me to walk, its not a common practise in this country apparantly.
my curve is 60deg and i have slight scoliosis, but its the kyphosis that im mostly concerned about as it has gotten worse over the years

im looking at headding over seas to have the surgery done and really dont know what to expect, ive been told that having rods put into my back will straighten me out and reduce my pain, but im not sure what to expect afterwards?
will movement be limited?
could i still play with my kids?
drive a car?
play sports?
ive come across a few failed surgery stories while browsing here and im very confussed on what i should do

any advise from someone who's had the surgery would be greatly appreciated

thanks

matt
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Matt...I don't know much about your diagnosis. I tried to read up on it and I guess what I could tell is that there are 3 'types' depending on onset. I'm not sure if that really changes the options but I did find that interesting.

I know thoracic surgery in general is the least 'common' and thus tougher to find people who have had it. I recall a few members having thoracic surgery so while it may not be the same surgery, they might be able to give you insight surgery in that area of the spine.

I am going to guess, as with most spine surgeries, no one can give you a definitive answer as everyone seems to respond differently to surgery.

Welcome and good luck! I am sure others will respond if you give them some time.