Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Surgery in 2007

PRMPPRM Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Good News
Just to counter so many sad stories I read about poor outcomes of treatment for spine surgery before my surgery. I had a 2 level corpectomy in November 2007. After suffering with cervical spine problems for 40 years I was eventually "scared" into surgery by medical professionals because of spinal cord impingement issues.

I lived with period of pain for 40 years after an injury as a teen. I was immediately aware that something good had happened after surgery because all the numbness and weakness was gone. I stopped taking pain meds after 4 days. I returned to the office in 2 weeks. I was riding bike trails the following spring. I have lived pain free (in my cervical spine) for over three years.

I read these posts before surgery and educated myself on what to expect. That was an immense help. Hope that all can have the same experience I have had in your treatment, whatever it might turn out to be. This is my first post here in a couple of years but I thought I would let everyone know things do many times work out very well for some very serious situations.

Good luck with the quest to overcome.

• Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your success story. I am not even 3 months post-op from a 2-level ACDF C5-C7 with hardware and wearing a bone stimulator 10 hours per day. Had Severe Spinal Cord impingement and like you when I woke up from surgery the severe pain was gone - could not believe it. I hope 3 years from now I am a success story like you!
    Thanks again!