Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Return of pain after 1-year feeling great

jben55jjben55 Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I am returning to the forum as I've had a return of symptoms that I have not had for a year. I had 2-level ACDF C5-C7 fusion in August, 2009. What led to this surgery was bulging discs causing cervical myelopathy. I had intense localized pain but not arm pain. In January 2010 I began to be pain-free after a facet joint block injection 3 weeks prior. At any rate, here what is going on.

Severe localized pain at the base of neck (C7 and T1 area) posteriorly. Radiates searing and burning across shoulders, causing muscle spasms in neck mucles (primarily the traps). No numbness or tingling in arms. Sleep deprived because when I lay down the joints of neck are extremely inflammed and wake me up. These symptoms started 12 days ago after I had gone to the San Diego Zoo chasing after my 19-month old daugher. Also, I had previously been running and lifting a lot through the year.

Started physical therapy last week to get electric stim and deep tissue to break up muscle. PT told me to swim which I did yesterday morning. Did not help at all.

I am wondering if this is just highly inflammed joint irritation and perhaps either Physical Therapy or another injection is necessary or is the return of this pain indicative of a significant issue? In other words, have I caused adjacent damage. Can anyone speak to excruciating localized pain at the base of neck post-operative. Thanks in advance. Jon