Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Three days till my 360 fusion

tracibennttracibenn Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My anxiety is getting very high. I feel like I still don't know what to expect. I have read so many of the postings here and its help quite a bit, but still, my nerves are getting the best of me. To top it all off, there is a huge winter storm heading our way just in time for me to head to the hospital. We live a ways away from the hospital and my husband will be having to go back and forth to take care of the kids and dogs. I go in to the hemotologist on Monday for some final blood work to make sure my platelets have gone up enough for surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed they have!

• Hi :wave: I live in Pa and we are expecting some really nasty weather here as well. I will pray all goes well for your blood levels, your surgery and your hubby going back & forth.

No chance of anyone else taking care of the pets for you? OOPS! sorry just re read and see you have kids too... guess you can't put enough food & water out for a few days for them huh ;)

I can understand you being nervous. I am getting both my knees replaced March 15th and I am already nervous. Hubby says I am going to drive him to the loony bin :silly:

Have you found the list posted here of things to take with you to the hospital and tips and ideas for once you come home? If not PM me and I will dig it up and send it to you.

Please keep us updated as you can and let us know how you are doing. If there is anything I can do for you let me know and I will do my best :)

Just keep thinking in a few days you will be on the new road to healing :D

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I did find the list. It was a lifesaver! I had no idea what I would need, what to take to the hospital, etc. Just having problems finding silky PJs! Who would have thought they'd be hard to find?
  • And couldn't find silky pajamas - we have alot more flannel than silk in Wisconsin at this time of year! I settled for some cotton ones and they let me slide fine - so don't stress about that.

I also had my fusion right after a blizzard and my husband and I left early and stay overnight closer to the hospital so that eliminated one stressor - we stayed with family so that helped to keep my mind busy too.

My husband actually banned me from the internet for a few days prior to the surgery because I was getting too worked up reading stuff and worrying.

My advice - play hard with your kids and dogs in the snow and enjoy knowing that after this one - you won't have to shovel anymore:)

• >:D< Hugs 2 U and best wishes with the platelet count and surgery. Love, Essmoe >:D<
  • Sending you >:D< >:D< >:D< and hoping that your surgery goes well.

It's very natural to be stressed about your surgery, but put your full trust in your surgeon's skill.

Yeah the Post Op Must Haves is a lifesaver.

I hope the storm isn't as bad as the forecast.

When you're able to, let us know how you're going.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Good Luck on your upcoming surgery. Try to relax and focus on making sure you spend time with your kids, pets, and dont forget your spouse. I know that for the past 4 1/2 years he has been wonderful to me, and that he hasnt had all that much special time with me. At least not compared to the love and encouragement he has given me.
    Hope the weather cooperates for you. I had to go to Mpls on Friday and my surgery was on Monday. Good thing, as it was one of the worst of the season and we would have missed the surgery. Take care and look forward to hearing from you! Robin
  • Hi Traci, my name is Red, I am new to the site and just read your post to my wife because it really hit home for us. I am also having a 360 degree fusion L3-S1. On Feb. 1st and we are going through some of the same things with our little girls, our boxer, and a winter storm rolling in tomorrow night. Our prayers are with you and your family. Hope your surgery is very successful.