Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can this contribute to bowl problems?

trishawttrishaw Posts: 6
I have had chronic diareah for couple months now. I go about ten times a day and middle of night. Last night my daughter woke me up and I realized I had gone without knowing in my sleep. Im only 35 yeas old. I read I thought that if this begins to happen you must seek medical attention asap. Im thinking of going to ER tonight...


  • You are correct, loosing control of bowel or bladder is a 'red flag' symptom.

    I would definately speak to a medically trained doctor about it very soon. It can be a sign that your spinal problems are becoming very serious and it needs dealing with quickly for the best chance of solving it.

    It could just be because you have diarreah (spelling??), but it is definately better to be on the safe side.

    I hope you will have some good news for us. :-)
  • I would get ahold of your General practiioner or spine doctor (Orthopedic spine or neurosurgeon) and let the person taking the appt know it's urgent and explain why. They should see you as an "URGENT" appointment.
Sign In or Register to comment.