Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusion tomorrow!

tracibennttracibenn Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
EEK! Its hard to believe the day is finally here. My platelets have gone up to what I believe will be an acceptable level. THey are still in the "low" range, but higher than they were last week. Steriod treatment for a week helped. I go in at 530am tomorrow for 730 surgery. The only thing that could postpone it would be the pending blizzard. Hopefully it'll hold off until we are at the hospital!

Here's to a new start with an improved back!

• Let me be the first to wish you luck on your surgery tomorrow. Can you remind us exactly what surgery you're having?

Like you, I was kind of excited before my surgery because I was so looking forward to feeling better, but it's strange because I was scared at the same time. Just a host of emotions the day before surgery.

I'll look forward to your first post-op post to let us know how everything went.

Take care and good luck!
  • I'm having a 360 fusion at L5-S1. My nerves are out of control, almost to the point of making me giddy.

• Things will be tough for a while, but then hopefully, you will start to heal and some time down the line, you will be so glad that you had the surgery.

Let us know how you get on, and we will be here to support you through the long recovery.

Have a nice meal this evening, and hope that you manage to get some sleep. >:D<
  • good luck for tommorrow, wishing you a smooth surgery and low pain recovery

when your able to post, would be nice to hear how you are going

take care
  • Just wanted to wish you good luck for your surgery!
    I wish you a recovery to a better feeling you!
    Let us know how you are doing
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Best of luck to you tomorrow. Stay strong, ask the nurses for whatever you need, be honest about how you feel when they ask and follow doctor's orders :-)
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos