Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Plif changed for tomarrow

bedawgsbbedawgs Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well DOC called today and told me it was tomarrow,so now i dont have the week to get ready,now the nerves are going crazy.

• I know the nervous feeling you have. My 360 fusion is tomorrow as well! Good luck with everything!

• Good grief I bet! I hope you have help there, or if not that you can call someone so that you can get everything in order. If not, just do what you can, take deep breaths and relax or try to meditate a little-even if it's not your "thing". It can help calm your nerves that are sure to be high. I don't know..deep breaths for the adrenaline rush, an anti-anxiety med, music, movie, something.........

Good luck and best wishes for a successful outcome!
  • And good luck to you! As I recall you had a great help-mate - so I am sure everything will work out fine and this way you have alot less time to worry!
  • Yes she is good,she is getting everything ready and has got 6 weeks off work to stay with me,she had sick time built and turn it in today.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I don't know if she'll need to use 6 weeks to assist. I was independent 2 weeks after I got home (so 3 wks after surgery). Hubby would cook at night and do laundry, etc, but I could make my lunch and take care of myself during the day.

Keep in mind they don't even let you leave the hospital until you are walking well around the room/floor as they need you to be self sufficient at home. The biggest helps at home were the grabber/reacher and toilet seat riser.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Well she will probally be out just a week
  • Well its almost time to leave for the hospital,and im wanting my coffee so bad.Well ill post as soon as i can.
  • for a surgery which brings you relief and a comfortable recovery

yes, i no i wouldnt like to not be able to have my cup of tea, hate that, small thing in the scheme of things , but....

post when you can, let us know how your going
    take care
  • Hubby stayed with my for 2 weeks. After that he just came home at lunch or left food for me that i could nuke in microwave.
    4 level posterolateral fusion L2-S1 with rods and screws and cadaver bone. Spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, sciatica, DDD, facet disease and arthritis. September 2002