Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here post L4/5 decrompression and need advice

ScotslassSScotslass Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi. I have just had third surgery for herniated disc and spinal stenosis. Previously had acdf and hip replacement and am only 50. Have DDD, spinal stenosis, arthritis, spondylosis

I woke up after surgery to almost no leg pain but think i overdid it last night and now have leg pain back - is this a normal part of recovery or have i messed things up?

I had microdiscectomy, decrompression and implant to keep vertebrae apart (is it coflex?)

Is it possible i have done something or if i just rest will it improve?

• When was your surgery done? Sounds like it was just recent. I doubt if you have harmed anything, just probably overdid things and rest is in order. The use of ice or heat may also help, as well as pain medication. If, though, no improvement in a few days, I would definitely contact your surgeon for advice.

Best wishes,

• Hi Marianne

Was done on Friday and now Tuesday

lifted bucket fll of water without thinking.....how stupid but when u are used to constant pain u sort of forget don't you?

going to do nothing today and fill up with meds. I just felt so good with the leg/buttock pain gone u know? I did read that initially it will come back then lessen so hopefully that is all it is

Thanks for your response - makes me feel easier.

Now where's that hot water bottle??

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. try and just relax and rest for now... you are still early out of surgery and all of the parts have not settled in yet!! like Marianne suggested, if you are not better, contact your doctor!!! good luck for a successful recovery!! drop by the forum anytime.. we can be a good friend during a long recovery! Jenny :)