Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Stenosis ,Spondylosis And Degenerative Scoliosis

engtecheengtech Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions

Hey my name is Chris, I was diagnosed with having Spinal Stenosis and Spondylosis. I was having a stabbing pain in my lower back. Sometimes it felt like I was being eletricuted. I was having radiating pain down my legs and numbness. I had a lower back fusion L4, L5 and S1. Before the operation I was having acute pain, after the operation I am having chronic pain every day. I also have Degenerative Scoliosis which limits my walking, by me walking causes severe pain to radiant from my mid back around my rib cadge causing it difficult to breath. I am taking Noraco which Hydrocodone 10-325 for the pain, which helps sometimes and sometimes not. I have also been trying for 2 years to get disability from the State Of North Carolina. I also have a total left hip replacement which adds to the pain and the difficult of walking. The way they have been treating me is you need to be completely not to do any usual work. I you can sit and answer a phone, they say well you can do something. I was a Electrical Engineering Technician when I suffered for 20 years before leaving my position for LTD. I also have PTSD and dealing with the pain on a daily basis causes me to suffer depression and anxiety. Dealing with the State Of North Carolina to prove to them that the chronic pain that that I deal with everyday prevents me from functioning to do simple task even around my home. I have sent them MRIs' CT Scans, Xrays and Bone Scans. Also my Surgeon has stated that I am totally disabled due to my current conditions. If any one could give me any useful information, I would appreciate it. Thank you Christopher

• Hi Chris,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Seems you have a lot going on with your lumbar and then other health conditions. It is true applying for SSDI can be a very stressful process and more than likely what you previously did is causing issues with your claim.

You might want to post about SSDI in the insurance forum. Also we have another forum labeled "conditions not covered by other topics", that you might find useful to discuss the other issues you have. You can use the search feature at the top of the page to search for topics as well that have already been posted or select from the doctor written articles we have.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Keep us posted on how you get along. Take care.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. tamtam gam you some good advice to get started on the forum! be sure and have a look around and make yourself at home.. stop by anytime, there is always someone around!! i am sorry you are having claims trouble.. having pain and having to deal with that as well can be very stressful.. good luck to you! i hope something gets worked out with that soon.. Jenny :)