Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

panoramic rearview HELP

jailajjaila Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Looking for some advice on panoramic rearview mirror. Since surgery my rom is just not what it needs to be to safely check my blind spots. Someone posted about a panoramic. I googled it...but come up with a lot of different options. They range from 12" (doesn't seem very big) to 34" length (seems ginormous)...and all different types. I would like one that just clips on and off. Hoping that it is something I won't need to use forever. Any input from folks who have used these would be much appreciated.

• Inexpensive and decent:
    Look for mirrors made by CIPA. I got all mine from etrailer.com. Really good prices.

Expensive and better quality:
    ALLVIEW Mirror - sold by Brookstone
    No Blind Spot Rear View Mirror - sold by Hammacher Schlemmer

Also consider some stick on blind spot mirrors to attach to your side view mirrors. You can get some small round ones cheap at any auto parts place. They really save a lot of neck twisting.

When you are looking make sure to check that they are clip-on style to go over your factory rear view mirror. Some of the good ones are actually made for the inside of a race car and attach to the roll bar. There is one that is awesome and it is a shame it is not available for a street car. It has multiple panels instead of 1 big panel. If you can find something like that it will be better.

Also adjust your side view mirrors properly. You do not need to see the side of your car through them. Push them out further. The blind spots start to go away. Most people set them in way too much. You should have to move your head to see the side of your car in them.

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I got one via AutoSport Catalog called the Panoramic RearView Mirror. It clips on and off easily and has a slight tint as well.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos