Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

thank you notes

saultupssaultup Posts: 71
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Recovering from Surgery
One day while I was in the hospital, the staff brought to me the labels from 3 containers that had held donor bone. With the labels was a note from the donor bank politely suggesting I write a thank you note to the families of the donor. I was blown away for I hadn't thought about this at all. When I got home I did write 3 letters for the 3 donors and mailed them to the donor bank to be distributed. On two previous surgeries I had my own bone harvested so I know how painful that can be so it was with much gratitude to have donor bone this time. I don't know if others have experienced this suggestion of writing thank you notes but it was something I just hadn't thought about at all. (It was not suggested I write thank you notes for the 3 pints of blood.) Just thought I'd share that.

• That was kind of you. What a lost art, the writing of a Thank You note has become. We still get one from his Dad for every gift recieved, and sometimes just for a kindness, it never fails to warm my heart.

I'm sure your Thank You note has lifted the spirit of at least one of those with whom it reached, and it says so much about the person who took the time to write it..so..I would like to add my own Thank You to you for your kindness and consideration.
  • Thank you for the kind words. As I said, I was completely blown away when the idea was first presented to me. Here I was in the hospital, after surgery, heavily medicated, some pain and totally absorbed in my issues (360 surgery, 4 level fusion, cages, etc.) and then to think about the donors? Wow. How humbling.
    Thank you.