Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A little about me

jesserxoxojjesserxoxo Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Jessi, I am 37 yrs young with 2 teenage children.I broke my back from gymnastic injuries and had a L4,L5,S1 fusion 10yrs ago. Needless to say my pain did not decrease at all after my fusion. Two years later I had my hardware removed because my doc at they time read some research that showed this helped decrease some individuals pain (not mine).So 6yrs ago I had a Medtronic Intrathecal Pump implanted.I did this in hopes that I would be able to go off all oral meds, which did has not happened. I get about 15%-20% relief from the pump alone. Even with orals I am still in constant pain. I recently had the new pump put in and was excited to use the PTM but was told that someone who currently has the PTM needed to die in order for another patient to get one. So,I still have the pump take Opana 30ER 2Xday,Opana 20ER 1xday,Opana 5IR 4xday. I would like to hear some input from others who have the pump. Their experiences good and bad.Does anyone have the PTM? Has anyone ever tried Prialt? I am interested in hearing how you deal with chronic pain while raising a family or heck just getting on with life. Thank you

• Welcome to Spine-health. I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor from your statement:
    I recently had the new pump put in and was excited to use the PTM but was told that someone who currently has the PTM needed to die in order for another patient to get one.
    Does this mean the number of PTMs are limited to a few? Seems to me that technology would allow for mass production of certain items once they are invented. I'm puzzled by this.

I see you mentioned Prialt. I too am researching this medication. The doctors are pushing it but every patient story I have read is horrible. I would be interested in any information you may have on this med.

Hopefully someone will come along soon who has experience with pain pumps and can help you out. In the meantime, take a look around and familiarize yourself with this wonderful community. Again, welcome to spine-health.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.you certainly have alot going on with a growing family and pain issues.. it must be very difficult.. i cannot help you with your pump issues but we do have pain in common.. we do have spineys who use the pump although what kind i cannot tell you.. i am sure you will get to speak to some of them.. good luck and i hope you are able to get some pain relief soon.. Jenny