May 2nd will be the big day. So close, yet so far away. In theory, I could have the procedure next week, but I really need to arrange for time off work and REALLY need some help with the kids...oh yes, and the whole issue with not being allowed to drive for two weeks.
I have a central L5 herniation involving nerve compression with symptoms all the way into my foot. The MRI also shows a central bulge of the L4 and spinal stenosis. I have had 3 ESI's, physical therapy and have tried to take things one step at a time.
The surgeon did make it clear that there is a chance that depending on how things look, he may decide to go ahead and fuse during the procedure. It seems that there is such a high occurrence of re-herniation, that at this point, I would almost prefer it.
Again, one step at a time I suppose. I have the time off work. I have the date set. I should be able to have a relative come up here to help.