Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet Injections

DeltabreezeDDeltabreeze Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Lower Back Pain

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with my situation. I'm scheduled to have a bilatteral facet injection on February 16th on the L4/5 and possibly S1. He thinks its arthritis compounded by scoliosis and this is basically my last resort since I'm non-surgical. I guess what I need to know is if anyone has had this done and if they had results with it and if its painful? Also, do you have to prep for this procedure?

Thank you!

• I had 8 levels of lumbar facet joint injections Jan. 6,13, and 20. They knocked me out for them and they have helped my pain levels immensely. I am back to working out daily and feel so much better. I still have pain daily and I always will due to fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, and lumbar facet joint disease, but these injections in the bottom 8 discs of low back have certainly taken the pain down to a managegable level. I hope they help you as much as they helped me.

sue in ohio
  • My dr said not to over do because they can only be done like three or four time a year,I did not the first time and the pain start up soon that time, so take it easy
  • I have had theese injections several times, there are a few thing to know.You can take pain meds before if your doctor okays it. Do not take any asprin for three days prior unless doctor says it is okay, also you can ask for a sedative to help you relax. They give you several numbing shots first. You will be stiff and sore for a few days but ice really helps. Good luck ihope ypu feel better soon and i hope this helps
  • Hello:

Thanks for all that replied. Had my facet injections on February 16th. I have not had to take any ambian since the 14th and so far, I have been somewhat pain free and getting good quality natural sleep. My back has never felt this loose in months. I just hope I don't overdue it. So far I am not showing any side effects from having this done, so that's a good thing. Even when I still have minor twinges of pain in my right hip, its so much better than it was a few weeks ago! I'm just hoping this will last for a good long while as I am rather hesitant to have anymore done as cortisone facet injections I hear are not good for you and they can only do so many per year! However, I'm keeping a positive attitude that this will work for the long haul. I go back to see the doctor on March 2nd for a follow-up.
This discussion has been closed.