Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I can't seem to stay awake

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Sleep Problems
This is so weird... Last year I was an active participant of lulusheart's (Jenny) threads about insomnia. Now, for the past month or so, all I can do is sleep. I'm finding myself longing for the days of only getting a couple of hours of sleep, at least I wasn't wasting my days away...

I thought that it was supposed to happen the other way around - first you get depressed, then you sleep all the time. Where I haven't felt depressed in such a long time, now I feel I am going back there. I hate this feeling.

I can't stand this. I never felt so useless until now, and I can feel the worry in my mom's voice, and she's now calling to set up "dates" to get me out of the house, which is nice, but just another thing I have to worry about. I actually slept in the day of my appt with the surgeon, making us late getting on the road for the 2 hour trip, and it happened to be crappy weather that day and the hwy was a mess, making the trip that much longer, and she hates to drive in that. I felt so bad, but we made it with some time to spare. I've also slept in for my weekly morning ptsd support group I go to the past two weeks, and even the one I go to every other week in the evening. That's the other thing, I suffer from night terrors and nightmares, so generally sleep is not my friend. maybe that's it, I've been so exhausted the past few years, it's all just catching up to me.

I have a dr appt on Tuesday, we're going over the paperwork for Canada Pension Disability (which is a whole other can of worms) so I'm going to ask her to send me for blood testing. Hopefully that will shed some light. It very well could be iron deficiency, I have had that on and off most of my life, but it's never been this bad sleep wise, and I don't feel cold all the time like I usually do when I am anemic. Who knows...

Anyways, sorry for complaining about sleeping too much, when I know most of you can not. Trust me, I know where you've all been, and I would gladly trade with you, maybe we could just split the difference, and we'd all be happy...
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own

• When you go for your Dr. appt., have them do a thyroid panel and Vit D, B-12. (just a suggestion). I'm tired a lot too,other times I can't sleep, but I think I might be getting sleep apnea because Michael says I have been snoring a lot lately (embarrassing).

It could just be the season?
    I would type more but feel a headache coming on..I'm outta here for awhile. I hope you are feeling better.
  • Thanks Robin. Yes, those are on my list, I did have a B-12 and D deficiency last year, but got my levels back up. Those could be down again too. She always gets my thyroid checked too, I've never had any problems with it, thankfully, although we do know I have a cyst on the para-thyroid, which has been asymptomatic, would never had known if not for a cervical ultrasound last year.

ROFL about the snoring, don't worry, my hubby says I'm worse than a thunderstorm most nights... Although he can't talk, lol...
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • To add that list. Get your hormone levels checked. For a long time we went around on the Vitamin B deficiency. I had booster shots and all that and had little effect. Went to a urologist for unrelated issue. He tested my Testosterone levels. Too low for my age. Add in some adrogens and energy and other things improved a lot. Male, female, doesn't matter. When those levels go out of whack it will kill your motivation.

Just think about it.
  • i am so sorry you are having trouble staying awake.. what a differnce time makes!! i hope the tests show up something simple as the answer for you Kelly. could it be depression??could you just be feeling down??it happens to all of us at some time or another.. just thinking of you Kelly! L, Jenny