Many of us here are in a lot of cervical or back pain or
both. I've had 4 spine surgeries and need another. My next
Ct myleogram is on the 10th of Feb. Here are some things I
do to help me feel better!
1) Always take your anti inflammatories as prescribed. (inflammation causes pain)
2)If your pain is Cervical buy a soft cervical collar from
any pharmacy and use it when you drive or are doing too many
hours working at a desk. Desk jobs are not good for people
with cervical spine problems.
3. Immediate relief from soaking in a hot tub or being in a
therapy pool. My pain disappears once I am in the water.
4. Don't sit at a desk looking a computer for long periods
of time. That strains your neck.
5. buy a heating pad and use that 3 times a day to keep
the pain lower.
6. Cervical pillows are a good choice too!
7. Find a place who does Massages. The deep tissue of the
muscles needs to heal too.
8. Change to eating more foods with a natural anti oxidant benefit, anti inflammatory benefit.
9. I read a article that coffee has caffiene. Caffiene also relaxes your muscles.
Hope this helps anyone in pain?
2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
Steroid injections series x 4.