Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ljsunshine_elljsunshine_e Posts: 52
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
I am having a bad day. I feel like my entire back is bruised and all the muscles on the right side have knotted up. I tried to get up and move my laptop to the next room it ended up one the floor. Then of course there is the pain I normally have. I am on non prescription meds, and 1 10 mg muscle relaxer every 8 hours. I don't think its working. Cant go see my PCP they are closed on weekends. Neurologist is 2 hours away and haven't gotten into my Pain management doctor yet. The wait is getting even more painful day by day.

• Yuck...so sorry you are hurting. Are you recently out of surgery? Is the weather bad near you? If you are really hurting, you can always go to the ER if it becomes unbearable but if you think you can wait it out, maybe put a call into the surgeon's on-call service to see if you can take an additional pill if needed.

Sorry you are having a lousy day. Don't feel too bad about the laptop...some days they seem heavier than others.
  • That isn't a good way to spend your weekend! You said you take non-prescription meds. I'm wondering if you have tried Ibuprofen or Tylenol for the bruised feeling. Sometimes even the simple medications can help to get us over a bad flare. My number one treatment that I rely on is a long soak in a hot bubble bath. That may relax those tight muscles enough that you can tolerate it better until you can get in to your doctor. I'm not a fan of going to the ER for pain because of the stigma and consequences that go along with it. But if nothing else works, you may have to do that. I hope you can get relief soon.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I went to the ER last week pain just keeps getting worse. All my doctors are at least an hour and a half away. I also live in Iowa and the past few days the roads have been crappy. I am taking aleve and ibuprofen, and Tylenol. Not all at once lol. If all goes well I have my first appointment with PM really hope the roads are okay by then. I have not had surgery yet, they are still trying all the other options. I think I might have to start taking prescription pain meds. So for now I will keep up the ice and heat treatments also the hot baths.
This discussion has been closed.