Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pudendal Nerve Entrapment

cahadenccahaden Posts: 6
Anyone know about this? I am having severe female burning that may be caused by this. Further testing will tell I hope. I have been to gyno, urologist, urogyn and several other dr's. Not sure if I may need to see a neurologist? Ladies if you have and information on this issues I would appreciate it!
advertisement

Comments

• The pudendal nerve is a somatic nerve in the pelvic region which is a large branch of the sacral plexus, that innervates the external genitalia of both sexes. I often have pain in that "region", but only during "that" time.. and though it is not a common area for cramping or spasms it is quite painful. I'm thankful mine doesn't last long and that menopause is in my near future.

I don't understand the burning,as I have never had that symptom, but yes.. whatever or whoever you need to see (as far as treating physicians go), I would. Maybe ask your PCP if you need to seek the care of a neurologist if this is chronic.
  • Sorry to hear. A Neurologist is probably the best one to give a diagnosis through testing. Having back pain also doesn't help. I posted something here before but I was unable to tolerate the EMG/nerve test only part of it so the Neurologist is still unsure of this diagnosis for me. I have more numbness than pain in the saddle and pelvic area. I saw another Neurologist last month but she was reluctant to do another EMG on me since I couldn't tolerate the first one and the Dr. isn't sure this is what I have. http://www.spine-health.com/forum/chronic-pain/pudendal-nerve-damage I hope you get some answers soon. Are you taking any nerve meds? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc