Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Minor auto accident this morning :(

denali_iceddenali_ice Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Water Cooler
It was a wonderful start to the morning -- got into an accident on the way to work. Some woman decided to pull out of a gas station in front of me as I was driving down the road. Damage to the van appears to be minor/cosmetic but I can tell you that you low speed accident + existing back injury is already not fun. Yay. I get to deal with insurance and the police report later.

I still managed to go to work, though I was late. My manager offered to call someone else in (I am a loan officer.) but I declined. I really doubt that I would have been in less pain at home with my kids running around. I have a great deal of leg and foot pain on most days and this jarring and impact certainly increased it further. :(

• Sorry to hear about your accident. Ice your leg and foot and do see a Dr. to get it recorded and an assessment by a Dr. I hope you feel better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am thinking that making a call to the pain clinic tomorrow to report the incident is really my only line of "defense" for lack of a better word.