Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain out of my mind

SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Depression and Coping
The pain is near making me crazy. And sometime I feel I would be better off submitting to the crazy. But I would need a medical alert re".."Please continue pain meds."
I have two people who say they get me. But how can any able body person understand when even the docs don't?
What will happen when I can't speak for myself? Maybe I need this written out in my Living Will...and POAHC..I don't know. It feels that I don't know anything except my pain. Feels as though my previous contributions to family and society... just wiped out.
Spine-Health Moderator
Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• It is hard for people who have never experienced chronic pain to "get" what you are saying.
    We all have days and times when fell like we are not able to cope and just feel like giving up.
    I am not sure that I understand what is going on with you physically--is it a spinal problem or something else? Are you seeing a doctor on a regular basis?
    This is a great site, there is lots of information available.
    Hang in there and let us know what is going on with you.
    Hope you start feeling better soon.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    but you will find that people who have dealt with chronic pain for a long time always figure out a way to deal with everything.

The list of things that have been impacted or restricted because we do have long time chronic pain is too long to even begin to list here.

You do always need to speak for yourself while you can. Having something in writing regarding your life determination wishes is something that everyone should have. For the most part, spinal patients are not in the category for life deciding factors. But because of some of our conditions, other illnesses may come into play.

Its difficult to even comment on your post since we really do not know what your actual problem is or what are you current actions/restrictions/plans, etc

Stay here and I am sure you will hear more from others
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I so appreciate this connection to others. Thank you.
    My pain is mostly from vascular issues. All systems have been affected..heart attack... several strokes... most recent stroke 3weeks ago with r hemiparesis ..ischemia large intestine... messenteric angina....Fibromuscular Dysplagia and Endothelial dysfunction... and yeah my spine messed up....all of above nothing enough for surgery.
    So, for past 4 years pain increasing and my world decreasing.
    Pain from mid abdomen to right ribcage..varying degrees daily.
    Right arm and r leg pain even before most recent stroke.
    EMG... I don't remember all.. but nerve involvement.
    I appreciate your letting me vent as I learn how to better deal with it all.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History