Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi I'm new..

PainpumpgirlPPainpumpgirl Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Pain Management

I think I put this thread in the wrong place first time, so reposted here..

hello to everyone had my new put in a few Months ago infact couple of months before Xto everyone. I just thought I would offer my wealth of
I am now on my 2nd pump, the first pump was In for 7 years I've recently
had my new Intrathcal pain pump put in a few Months ago infact couple of months before Xmas 2010.
This yr will be my 8th yr of having my pump.
I have had good but also plenty of blips along the way some of the blips made me very ill and leaving me no option other than be admitted to hospital to be cared for..
I will gladly share some of my not so nice experiences, not to scare anyone but to tell you all that yes sometimes it's not all txt book but you can come through the bad!
I would not be without my pump even though one of my worst experiences was close to losing my life ending up in intensive care!
My pump has not took the pain away completely but as definatly helped big time, I wld be more or less bed bound without my pump..
I take break through meds..
The pump also put me through a premature menapause ( I was 37 when I noticed things were changing for me ( sorry chaps) apparently it's more
common for men ton have testosterone levels drop! Much rarer gor women..
I will stop gor now as hurting now..
Night night x

• Welcome to Spine Health.
    Because you have had your pump much longer than I have you can tell anyone interested about the probllems you have had along the way. I have only had mine 7 months and am thrilled with it. But I am still a newbie.

The opioids(not the pump) caused you to go into early menapause. Anyone taking opioids should have their hormones checked, both men and women. It can be treated and your hormones brought back up to a normal level.

What are you using in your pump and how much? I have Diladuid in mine and am on 1.484mg a day. I am doing really well at that setting. I do have flare ups that the pump does not cover but they are not as bad and do not last as long as they use to.

I am eager to hear of any problems you have had so I will know what to expect if I ever have any. So far everything has gone great for me.

I have neuropathy in both my feet and legs and the pain has been brutal, until now. What is the source of your pain?

Continued success with your pump.

Cheers :H
    Patsy W