Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why Spine-Health??

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Why did you register at Spine-Health?

- Did you google it
- Did you hear it from a friend
- etc

Back in 2005, I started having most of my thoracic problems. I could not find any information about the thoracic discs online, but after searching it brought me to Spine-Health.
For about the next several months I was reading article after article dealing with the entire Spine.

But it wasnt until about a year later, where I saw a blog coming from Stephanie about how chronic pain impacts sleep.
Thats when I first registered for these forums and I am still going strong.

But I am curious as to how you found this site and what is it about it that makes you want to stay and contribute as much as possible.

All answers/comments/suggestions are welcomed.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I stumbled across spine health. I've found everything I needed to know plus so much support and friendship here. I automatically think of SH whenever I need help, support, or just need to vent. It goes much farther than just spinal support. This is the only forum I've ever seen where the members are actually friends and continue on with 'conversations' past the original topic/question. I myself like that part. I always read the new/recent posts and try to offer support if I can. I want all new members to get as much out of this group as I have. It would be hard for me to leave SH even if I'm cured of all my spinal problems!
    Thanks Spine-Health for everything.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I was looking on the internet for some information. I was having a major flare up and needed to find some way of relieving the worst back pain I had ever experienced. Google search directed me to spine-health, I registered and have been here since.
    I don't know what I would have done without the site, I love the information and support here.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I was Googling spondylolisthesis and sciatica and I tripped up over Spine Health!

I have learnt so much on the various articles here and have made lots of friends on the forum. (I was here for a while before I joined and started posting.)
    The forum has been so helpful, supporting me as I very nervously approached surgery, and then the often worrying and long recovery afterwards.

No-one understands what us spineys go through as much as another spiney. They don't get fed up listening to us or tell us that it is just in our mind either!

I now want to give and offer others the same support as I received here.

Now I am back at work, I don't spend so much time here, but like to pop in as regularly as I can, to say hello and hopefully give some support to others in trouble. :-)

• I was doing a google search 2-1/2 years ago or more and was looking up annular tears and herniated discs. I read a lot of articles here.... then I joined here when I found out there was a forum and went into the chat room and so glad there were a few members in there to talk to. At the time I was getting trigger injections and no one in the chat room knew what they were but they listened and made me feel apart of the group. I went a few more times and met J, Koyko,Brokenlady,Sweet Soprano,Bubblegum-Eve and others can't remember the names now.

Then I started posting and I'm still here daily mostly for almost 2-1/2 years getting and giving support. If I don't come here I'm to isolated and need interaction with others.

There's nothing worse than being alone in pain and no one understands but we understand us who are here. Thanks Ron. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have actually been reading Spine-Health for years.. I have been a back pain sufferer for 9 solid and trying years.. This site helps me feel like I am not alone and has given me some really great advice and ideas on how to handle what my spine dishes. I googled for a back problem and found this site. I finally registered just recently - it was time.. 4 surgeries and currently seeking second opinions for number five. Thank you Spine-Health..