Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Candidate for future surgery????

cresinternccresintern Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone, hope all is well with your backs! anyhow I'm an active fit 39 y/o male with an anterior compression fracture in L1 (70 percent height loss) It was due to a traumatic accident and was not treated, just back brace and rest. Now I have mild kyphosis and persistent but mild pain in my injury area. I was told I am not eligible for surgery yet but was thinking about the future. SO many advancementd lately. I have heard great things about minimally invasive interbody fusion. and also about short segment pedicle screws with transpedacular bone grafting. I need to eventually my spine realigned and straightened and the have the kyphosis go bye bye. Its this kyphotic alignment that is causing my pain, I'm sure of it. My extension and flexion xrays showed good results with minimal movement. These 2 surgeries sound like my future options?? any other procedures now or in the future that can restore my spine to its normal curvature and secure that segment with minimal side effects?? please give me some good news!!!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a great place for future research and talking these procedures over with other spineys.. i cannot help you with any answers but do share pain problems with you!! please have a good look around and make yourself at home.. check out the "Back and Neck surgery"forum for more input. good luck! Jenny :)
  • Have you been through pain management or Physiotherapy yet? Have you seen an Orthopedic Surgeon to give you a treatment plan? I think everything conservative should be tried before any surgery. I have kyphosis also but not needing surgery. I hope the Dr. can give you some advice and always get a second opinion Neurosurgeon or Orthosurgeon before surgery. Take care and we're here to support you through it all. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN