Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

BASIL...yooohoooo BASIL, Come in BASIL.

cgmccgm Posts: 289
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Recovering from Surgery
If your checking in here...please check your private messages and the post on the vertigo. Please come back! :)
I need you!

• bump so as this post doesnt fall off the radar.
  • cgm is looking for you.

Hope this helps.
  • Admin?....could you pm me a address or send an email to this person to please contact me? I need to know what her pt did to rid her of her vertigo....it so might help me and I can not live like this....3.5 months...i'm going on this ride. thanks in advance.
  • I sent an email letting Basil know that you are trying to make contact.

• So sorry! I didn't receive an e-mail that someone posted. I only got the e-mail from the admin today.

Anyway, I'm not sure how even my physical therapist was able to resolve my vertigo. I know he mainly worked to calm down the nerves in my neck. I would spend most of the time on my back on the table and he would gently massage the back of my neck. He also did some gentle traction with his hands. With me, everything has to be gentle or my body just locks up. I'm going to him now for shoulder PT so I can ask him what specifically he did. It was only by chance that he was able to help as I went to him when my regular therapist was on vacation. I noticed his techiniques really worked.

I did take valium or klonopin for the vertigo, but found that I had rebound vertigo when I went off it.

I'll see what my therapist says tomorrow and let you know. I know how frustrating it is!

• I would greatly appreciate any info your willing to share. Nothing has worked for me, the OTC motion sick meds Dont do squat. I went to ENT, it's not my inner ear. That's what My Neuro said it was. BS....I knew it wasnt an infection...I'm really aggravated Basil. I can't live like this. So if the guy your going to see has an actual name for the technique that would be helpful too. I'll get my Hubby to massage. Also, you may have said this on the other thread, but what C levels did you have fusion?

Im with you....this is a side effect that must be somewhat common. The Surgeons need to be a little more proactive in wanting to see why Vertigo possibly happens after this cspine surgery. Thanks so much in advance. If there would be any way for me to call and talk to you pt guy, I would do that in a heart beat. I thought I'd private messaged you...I must not have. k, talk soon and check your Inbox on this site
  • I sent you a private message, but I'll report back on this board tomorrow after I talk to my PT. Unfortunately, most of my experiences with surgeons is that they are done with you after the surgery and don't want to hear about any problems. I don't get how they can just not care from a human standpoint! My surgery was 4/5 and 5/6 and I think it's the 5 level that people seem to have vertigo.
  • At least it's not come through as I just checked 7:09
    Thanks for checking back in.

Did you happen to get my PM that I sent with my contact info? Maybe the system is having issues? k catch up with you soon yes.
  • I asked my physical therapist this morning and he said with me, I had a lot of neck issues including nerve irritation and inflammation and the joints didn't move right. He worked to calm the nerves down and get the joints to move better. As I indicated before, he wasn't treating my vertigo, just my neck problems and I got very lucky that after a few months - and it was a full 3 months at least- that the vertigo suddenly stopped. Also, everything he did was very, very gentle. No heavy stretching or even much exercising on my own. I also used a TENS unit a few times a day at home and that may have helped calm the nerves as well.
  • your very lucky too! I'm going to have to take everything I can away from our conversation this eve and get my Husband to gently work on me. You've no Idea how much I appreciate you Basil.