Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 months post surgical flare and incontinence

kazmistress28kkazmistress28 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:50 AM in Chronic Pain
I have been down this road so many times...

I get back to working and within a month or two, my back is going through a major flare up. I can deal with the pain, but the bowel incontinence is really driving me crazy. I am afraid to even stretch in my chair for fear that something is going to come out! I have a fusion from L3-L5 that is ok and fusing great. This flare seems to be coming from L1-L3. I can barely keep myself from bursting into tears. I took two 10/325 Norcos when I got home and aside from making me a bit dizzy, the pain is still kicking my butt. I have built up a decent tolerance to the pain, as I HAVE to work and painkillers at work are a no-no. But days like this, the Norco just doesn't cut it anymore. Even though I only take the pain meds when it is really bad, I have still built up a tolerance to them. The strongest Norco is not doing it anymore. I don't want to move up to Oxy or Dilaudid, but it is getting to the point that I don't have much choice. I dont know what to do anymore. If you are in my shoes, what do you do?
advertisement

Comments

• Are you in pain managment yet? If you are not that might be something for you to ask one of your doctors for a refferral.

I was on Norco for about 3 years before I was refferred to PM. Some days are better than others. Some days my pain is reasonably controlled other days seem like nothing works.

>:D< Hang in there- it has to get better.

Julie
  • No i am not in PM yet. Doctor does not seem to think it is necessary. He is kind of a douche but a great surgeon. After he finally releases me from the last fusion I am going to find another doctor.
This discussion has been closed.