Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dislocating bones collar

heckhheck Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Scoliosis
any one else had this?
i woke up with my shoulders kinda hanging there, no pain.
and my neck clicks now when i walk, right up high. also who measures curvature? when i swim they click with every stroke. i am maybe just about extra mobile because i been sick the last couple of months.

• heck,

When you ask about curvature, I assume you mean curvature of the spine. An orthopedic surgeon or neurosurgeon usually does the measuring off a radiographic study. Some radiologists will read the film also, but the surgeons usually measure it again.

Whe you speak of your clavicles (collar bones), is it a problem where they connect to the sternum (breast plate) or over the shoulder at the acrmioclavicular(AC) joint? You can get tears of the ligaments at either end (though it is more common over the shoulder) and some disease processes (inflammatory and collagen) can also affect those joints. Clicking within joints is not uncommon, even in "normal" joints.

If you are concerned, or it becomes painful, discuss it with your physician.

• it is my cervical near my breast bone at the front and now also in my shoulder where it joins to the arm. saw a physio, she had never seen it before, but thinks it maybe my scoliosis. it hurts to lie on my side a bit. i saw a chiro once who interrupted my normal list on one side and made my shoulders straight. the physio gave excises to grow so more muscle :). i am wondering if i should go back to chiro. but slightly skeptical as she promoted nothing but instability in my lower back.
    it just looks a bit freakie you can see the whole collar bone lift up, go forward point out and come back in. i should say i dont like this physio. i normally see another one, and this one missed a few things in my lower back. and that is being polite. i feel my back curve more now, i guess compensating for the spony at l5.

This discussion has been closed.