Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

multi level cervical neck fusion w/ bone graph and metal

unlucky2uunlucky2 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have had a cervical multi level fusion (c-3 thru c-7) last Jan. I have had severe pain especially in the last 5 months since my surgery.
It seems that when you fuse the discs the top two discs have the weight of the neck and fusions, bone graph and metal. I am still on pain management and have considered filing for disability. I am not sure what it is mentally with me, but being disabled is a "scary" thought.
I have a desk job and sitting and looking at paperwork is very hard on the neck. If anyone has any suggestions for pain management and has been somewhat relieved I would love to know what it is.

I am new to the post so forgive me if I ranted!

• For pain management? I've been on 7.5 mg oxycodone/tylenol and 5 mg morphine along with 300 mg gabapentin (2 pills 3x a day on the gabapentin) for a couple of years now.

I had a 4 lvl lumbar laminectomy last May, a 2 lvl cervical laminectomy 2 years ago) and an upcoming cervical discectomy fusion sometime this year.

I've had chronic nerve pain in my arms for about 4 years. I now have severe chronic lumbar back pain. The lumbar surgery took away pain in my right leg for the most part. The surgery caused chronic low back pain (one of the risks).

The pain meds I take control my pain so it is tolerable. It may be different for others.

Ken GreyEagle