Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 week post op PLIF

bedawgsbbedawgs Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well its been a little over a week from PLIF and things are going very good,got my stiches out yesterday and got to shower.The Doc took xrays and said everything was in place.The only pain im having is the muscle tightness,but pain is not that bad.Im off pain meds and just dealing with the soreness.So i just wanted to share that so far things are going well and i start PT next week.Now im waiting on the xray thats shows im fuseing.

• Sounds like you are heading in the right direction! I only had to wait 5 days to shower, and that was long enough for me! 2 more days would have killed me!!

Hope your xray shows that you are fusing!
  • I am really impressed with your pain tolerance as I am still on the occasional pain pill after 8 weeks but the muscle spasms have almost been conquered with the help of a good physical therapist doing ultrasound and deep massage on them. Both she and the NS said the open PLIF is one of the hardest surgeries on muscles as they have have to retract them very far and sometimes cut a few of the smaller ones.

• you are doing well, i hope your PT goes good for you

take care
  • Great!

I too went off the pain meds as soon as I could. L5/S1 fusion. They just left me feeling miserable. Though I did take the muscle relaxants for quite some time. My wife told me I was much more pleasant.