Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just another person in pain...hello!

Ok, my 4rth try..so hard from my android phone, no real computer but really grateful I have this. Hi ppl. Why is it that these days everyone seems to have back and/or neck problems? I'm 50, and don't remember that many ppl in this situation when I was young. The adults I knew were energetic and healthy...is it our lifestyle, stress..diet...a combo? I never expected to be like this and I bet nine of you did either. I was in dentistry 28 years and my dad a dentist. At 78 he had more get up and go than I did at 39. My mom was in some pain. I remember her upper back always hurting...I think that particular pain might be congenital. I have fibromyalgia. The huge painful knots have lived in my back for about 25 years. I have been in several auto wrecks, last one 9/09. Been going rapidly downhill since. Lumbar..3 bulging discs up to 4.5 mm..can anyone tell me if that is alot? Feels like it! Annulus tears..DJD, left side ventral root compression. Basically everything hurts! All my joints, elbow, knees, and my NECK! Owww...can't afford an mri for it even though dr wanted me to get it. Can't turn my head much. I'm on 5 10mg lortabs/day. Klonopin for anxiety. No nsaids due to stomach ulcers. Salvella, for fibromyalgia, can't really afford it. No muscle relaxers..tried them all. Only Soma's work, and my dr won't write them says they're dangerous. Flexeril, baclofen etc do nothing. I don't have med ins. Long story as to why I'm broke after working so long, but I'm broke. Hope to make new friends, lots more to say but don't wasn't to bore anybody so I hope to find friends soon. Daina

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i can hear that you are in alot of pain and i am very sorry for that.. fibro is a very painful disease from what i understand.. i think you will find that making new friends and having some spineys to speak with will make you feel alittle better.. i am in my 50's and understand the problems of getting older and having pain! we can't all be like our parents!LOL!!! please have a look around and make yourself at home. as far as your MRI, have your tried a "teaching hospital?" there is a small article about them under the "Health Insurance" forum.. check it out!! good luck to you! stop by anytime to chat or to just look around! Jenny :)
  • >:D< Thanks for the warm welcome. I am isolated as my fiance and I moved away from home so he could find work. We only have one vehicle and I have no license anyway..he works at a plant 10 hr days..we don't know ppl here just moved 3 weeks ago. No jobs where we came from..Baton Rouge, La...economy is atrocious. Moved to Texas, got a good job but are borrowing money to stay afloat until we catch up. He takes me to my dr once a month for meds on Friday bless his heart. Works til 3 on Fridays them end we rush to my dr, get out about 11 pm or so, hit the pharmacy up and come back. 7 hours round trip. There is a teaching hosp in BR, but its a 12 hr wait if you're lucky. Time is something we don't have. I'm appreciative he gets me to my old dr for meds, much less anything new. Maybe eventually things will work out and I can get more help. The dr wants me to see a neurosurgeon but knows I can't anytime soon so I take pain meds as a bandaid and hopeful won't get much worse..I can't stand up or walk much or sit. Tried to get ssd, turned down 3 times. No time to see a lawyer or ssd dr's either. Sorry I'm rambling. Anyway that's my situation. I joined to talk, mingle and make friends with other ppl in similar circumstances as I'm shut in and bored alot. Thanks for listening, hope to chat again. Daina <3
  • hi Diana, i see that transportation and time is a big problem for you.. perhaps as you get settled you will find time to see the neurosurgeon.. thank goodness that medication is taking care of your pain for now.. be sure and take care of yourself as you travel!! it sounds like you have a very loving and understanding husband! Jenny :)
  • He is the best person I know. Not many would want to be bothered. Most people think people like us are whiny, hypochondriac pillheads. Dr's don't want to give us pain meds due to the dr shoppers who make it had for those of us in real pain. All I can to is hang on. Thanks for the support Jenny it helps to know there are nice understanding people out there. :)