Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

8 weeks post op TLIF Lamenectomy sharp pains lying down

LondongalLLondongal Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi I am now 8 weeks post op TLIF L4-5 area. All going well just take the odd pain med now and again when I feel I have overdone things. Trouble I have is still sleeping or rather lying down, happens too sitting. The moment of trying to turn in bed or getting up from sitting is like a jolt of lightening!! I am not due my final checkup for another 4 weeks, wanted to know if anyone else has had the same issues.
Grateful to hear from you guys as I am scared something is not right.

Thanks all

• Hi Londongal,

Congrats on doing so well following surgery. Sounds as though other than lying down your doing fairly well. However, have distorted sleep is not good either. Have you discussed with your doctor as to what is going on? If not I would suggest you put a call into them and let them know. I wouldn't wait till the last appointment to bring it up, but be proactive and see if they have any other advice for you. Hopefully someone will come along whom may have gone through this and have some ideas as to what is going on. I noticed you said the doctor is releasing you, whom is following your fusion after this? I wouldn't suspect you will be fused at this point and time. Keep up the good work and congrats on doing so well.
  • doing any physical therapy? It's good to find out the proper way to roll over, get out of bed (log roll), and how to get up from the floor. You might have something going on, but I'd say it's likely that it's just your body registering that things don't move normally anymore, now that part of your spine is stuck together. Do you sleep with some pillows to lessen the strain on your lower back (like under your knees?) I learned a lot at PT.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.