Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Better but still need neurontin

f4tune81ff4tune81 Posts: 54
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Good News
I have now gone 3 months and 1 day since onset. At times I feel back to normal, but still very limited in ability to stretch the bad leg. My pain meds are much less necessary now so I just take 2 to 4 tylenol a day and 300 mg neurontin once a day. You might think that I could just stop this, but since I ran out of it about 24 hrs ago I feel a difference. I think the nerve root is still "entrapped." The neurontin makes it feel a lot better. On way now to get my refill. Hope all have a great day.

• Sometimes I will think "why take this because it isn't working" but then I miss a dose or two and realize just how much it does help. I'm glad for you that you have found something that gives you some relief. 3 months is not very long in the whole scheme of back stuff, and it sounds like you are doing well. Hopefully with more time you will be able to stop the neurontin. Yours is a positive story, and it is good to see here. :) Thanks for posting.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I got the neurontin refill but have actually quit taking it. Over past week made rapid improvement so that I no longer need tylenol, either. I think the time to be over this has come which is great, now I am trying to avoid reinjury while getting back into some more variety in exercises and stretching. The way the back feels I don't think I am likely to have a reinjury as long as I don't load the spine, not for a long time (9 more months I think) and do a lot of careful rehab work. I'm on my own a lot for this and would welcome any advice as to what to and not to do.