Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

poem, kind of

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,415
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Water Cooler
Hiya guys.
I look into the mirror and I cant find my reflection
I know its around
I know its not far behind.

I stand inside the doorway
and I cant find the keys
The locks've been all taken
and left me far behind.

I look into the waters and the're no ripples of mine,
where once I made the waves stand tall
and shifted the winds rise and fall...
there is no movement on the surface of the waters at all.

I look into the mirror and see no reflection
there of mr and you,
The silver linings faded way
and the darkness of reflection
fills the wall.

Where do we go when the identity has faded?

William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Very moving and certainly seems to ring true in several areas of my life.
  • kind of low point in life right now
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• It's not exactly what we signed up for, is it?
  • no,but what can ya do? smile and wiggle on no?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I'm not into poetry but you have posted some interesting ones even I thought were pretty cool. The only thing I would suggest back to you. Try not to write all "dark" poetry all the time. It won't help you get out of a "low point" or depression. It just feeds it and on goes the circle... While it maybe much more difficult to write about brighter things. It wouldn't hurt to try. Who knows, it might help move your perspective and that low feeling. There has to be something in life that moves you even if you can't participate.

I found that feeding depression with depression is not very effective at all. Just my opinion though, I'm not a shrink.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
    is always something that people should read. I disagree a bit with Z06 only in the fact that your poems, light and dark have a lot of meaning.

If we only see the bright side of things, then when we are faced with some darker things, we might not be all that prepared.

I think its up to the reader, not the writer if and how bright things can be written and how dark things can also be written.

Sometimes, feeding depression with depression can snap someone out of it. Now of course it all depends on the individual. There are many that see the down side of things and it keeps piling on and on and then they start feeling sorry for themselves.
    For many, thats a complete eye-opening....

But, back to the point, Ranch, I love reading your poetry. Keep it coming
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hey Z06. Ime a majority of the time the one who is keeping everyones spirit up. Funny huh with all the images I conjure. There is a balance inside where I have to express the dual nature. I apreciate the lifting up!
    I am an eternal optimist...just that the price is sometimes a burden to carry.
    Mr. Ron hit it close to the heart of the nature of my musings. I see so many folks who only face one side of the pain/persona problem.
    Me,I had to learn to separate who I was from
    Identifying myself with pain...my pain used to define who and what I was.
    Now it is a part of my experience. I dont always have the words to express an idea, so I try to pass on the core of it to clarify, and sometimes it works.

I think we are more than the sum of our aches, pains and battles.

I see all of us here as the first chapter of a book.

Exploring our issues, we will build a foundation of understanding for the next generation to build on. We will find ways to express pain, internal and external to the medical field to help them, help us.

Be a guiding hand for those who in the future will walk in our shoes, and help them to transition to the next phase of their life, not exactly mentors, but knowledgeable fellow travelers.

The docs only look at us sometimes as 2 dimensional, not treating the whole person. We can build a dialog to help the future generations. We are in a unique place in time, we can make something wonderful, one person, one understanding at a time.

I am introspective, exploring the emotional toll taken by pain.

hank you guys for responding to my little observation, I'll try to lighten up the imagry, when I can.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health