Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How do I keep finding myself in this situation?

ldmobleylldmobley Posts: 36
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
Hey friends,

I know it has been ages since I have been on here. I suppose that can be a good thing. I was doing better I believe. I am still having success with my SCS for my leg pain. However, things started to change a few months ago. I started having some hip pain. It started out as pain only when I moved my right leg in a certain way but it increased to the point that I could not put weight on my right leg. I have been seeing a PM doctor for routine maintenance meds. During one of my appointments I mentioned my hip issue and I also informed him about a few migraine headaches I had endured (one had me running to the ER for relief). PM doctor ordered x-rays and ct scans for neck, T-spine (to check SCS leads), and right hip. He called the following day and said I have a herniated disc in my neck and looks like I have whiplash as well. Hmmmm?? I also have some scar tissue around my hip joint that is more than likely causing my pain. My leads seem to be fine.

I have since had two steroid injections in my hip and one in my neck. I believe my neck is doing better, I haven't had a migraine since. YAY! However, I only had relief in my hip for a couple of days before it was right back where I started. :( PM doc says we may need to look closer at my back as being the possible culprit for my hip pain. I have really been having a hard time with this being that I do a lot of walking/standing at my job (teacher).

NOW for the next problem. On Friday I had an accident at work. I was walking down an incline at school and my feet slid out from under me. (We have had lots of ice lately so the kids had tracked in lots of salt and it had left a powder like film on the tile.) Well needless to say I fell right on my bottom and was in a world of hurt. I sat in the office for about an hour (didn't want to go to the hospital). I was able to walk. My husband come and took me home. I tried to call my PM doc which was out of the office on Friday. Therefore, I have been laying around all weekend. I am having some severe pain in my upper back, between my shoulder blades. It goes into spasms and feels like it is being twisted then the pain kind of radiates out under my shoulder blades and there have been times I have felt pain shoot around to the side of my ribs during a spasm. Any ideas?

I am really not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. I have lots of pain while I am up moving around. I can't afford to take off of work. Workers comp doesn't pay for time off until you have been off of work for 7 days. :( I do not have 7 days to give. I am also worried that my PM doctor won't see me since it will be worker's comp and I will have to start ALL OVER with another doctor. Last time I had an accident at work I had to go to the clinic and they really don't do much to find the problem. Any suggestions? I am stressing about all of this. I can hardly move without pain right now let alone think about working. :( Guess I will have to do my best and push through it.

Thanks for listening. I welcome all suggestions and comments. :)

• Sounds like you've got some more issues going along with the issues you alread have. I would document everything first of all and make copies of those as well and keep them somewhere else. Now, to your pain.

I think what I would do is contact your doctor that done your surgery and let him know what's going on and see what's the best avenue to follow. I'm not speaking from experiece but having someone from workers comp to do it, they may drag their feet. I knwo you are under them when filing but you got to do something. I also think I would contact maybe the labor board but AFTER having talked to my HR department and see what they say. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!
  • Well I did make it to work and pushed through the day. Not sure it was the best idea I have ever had. My back spasms seem to be initiated by movement. Let me tell ya, I seem to have alot of movement while working. :( Why me??

I was able to talk to my PM doctor yesterday and as I suspected, he will not be able to see me for this workers comp injury. However, he will be able to continue treating me for my neck, hip, and lower back. Thank goodness, I am not sure I would be able to survive without my injections and continued treatment.

I was also able to find a doctor in town that could treat my workers comp injury. They were also open to communicate with my PM doctor to do what is best for me. I went for xrays yesterday and will be having ct scans later in the week or Monday. (after the xrays have been reviewed by this doctor and my PM doctor to compare my last xrays with these) They have both agreed that I need to take some time off of work. :( They are hoping with proper medication and rest that the spasms will subside. They would not hear my argument about me needing to continue working. I am SO scared I am going to end up losing my job over this. I am afraid they will think of me as a liability. My family could not survive without my income. I am sorry, I am having a bit of a pity party the last few days. I can't seem to make myself understand why this is happening to me. It seems to continue happening over and over again. I know this is just the hand I was dealt from the Big Man upstairs. I just don't want to lose my job because of it. This is not my fault!! I did not ask for this. I don't want this!

By the way, a total of 4 people fell at school. They have found that the de icing salt has caused a chemical reaction with the wax for the floors causing a VERY slick situation. The school is now in contact with the manufacturer of the wax trying to figure out an answer to this problem. See this is not my fault. :(

Thanks for listening to me yet again.

Hope you have a pain free day!
This discussion has been closed.