Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Cord Stimulator Update- new products

coyotewildwomanccoyotewildwoman Posts: 130
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
I just had a spinal cord stimulator put in to deal with my chronic leg pain, and I have to say it helps about 80% but I am off tramadol and only using 2 advil a day so I label this a great success. Mine is the size of a thin pacemaker.

I wanted to let people know that Australia is doing a final trial now that will allow stimulators as small as match head to be put where needed. There also will other refinements as well, but I have not done all the research until it is approved.

It should be done in about a year or so, but it is great that the research and development continues around dealing specifically with chronic pain.

Australia seems to be cutting edge on chronic pain issues, so if you are doing research, take a look on the google search engine for Australia as well.

Just FYI- the nice thing about the stimulator is that it can be taken out, and does not drug you out!

• a couple of months ago a pain dr told me to wait about a year for a scs because he said that there is new and better scs coming out.humm thought he was pulling my leg and just wanted to make money on shots.
  • A spinal cord stimulator may be a really good way to go. I think it would be much better then using lots of meds. I will have to ask the doc about this when I go. How is this different then a pain pump? You are right, Austrailia is leading the way for treatment options. I really feel the US is falling behind in this very important field. Its a shame. We are supposed to be the innovation country of the world.
This discussion has been closed.