Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pee Pee Dribble.....

caitycccaityc Posts: 268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi there! I need your experiences... :) My MRI has proven that I have scar tissue growing directly into my spinal cord from a previous surgery (among other things). Lately I have been losing drops of urine throughout the day, every day. I'm wondering, those of you who have experienced cauda equina, or other urine incontinence issues, was a minor dribble all day a precursor to losing control, or on your way to losing control?

I am also battling some urinary hesitancy. It seems to be getting a little better. However, I rarely feel the urge that "gosh, I really have to go pee pee". It's more like I haven't gone in 6 hours, so I should probably go. This isn't every day, but a good 4 times a week.

If you can share your experience with me I would greatly appreciate it! A bladder infection has been ruled out. I'm in the process of going to the doctor (long story), but one surgeon already didn't seem to concerned about the hesitancy when I contacted him a couple of months ago.

Thank you!!!!

• I am sorry I can't be helpful to you :(

I was told that what you are experiencing is a "red warning flag" by my Drs.

My issue is mainly I have to "push" to pee.

But I was told if I lose control to go to the ER.

I don't know you and not even sure how old you are, have children etc. But age, child birth as well as other non injury related could be behind the dribble.... maybe???
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • One thing I never want anyone to do with bladder issues is to assume it is coming off your spine. Last May I developed a serious issue of not being able to go at all, and was placed on a foley cath attached to a leg bag for a month. During that time they ran all the testing to see what the cause was. Once all the testing was complete it was deemed a nerve issue which I then contacted my spine surgeon. First thing they asked is if I had a urology work up. At that point and time my surgeon made a emergency to get me in for testing to see where along the spine could be causing the issue.

When you have those issues it is always hard to tell till the work up is done as to what the exact cause it, but I wouldn't definitely be getting a work up, before it becomes a emergency.
  • You're right, it is hard to know whether it's back related or not. I can't think of anything else that would cause this. My youngest is 10, I'm not on any new meds....

Again, thank you for responding. I really appreciate it!

• The norco and flexeral that you are taking can cause urinary problems. I have backed off of the norco but still take flexeral daily. Sometimes it is hard to start to pee. This goes away when I stop both meds.
  • stopping in to see how your doing?
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I'm.... wondering what to do. Well, I know what to do. I talked to my pain management doc and asked him if the urinary hesitancy and dribble could be connected to the epidural fibrosis, and he seems to believe it's bladder related. I feel a little better about it, but I'm still not so sure.

I think I'm going to go back to my primary doc and just get a uroligist referral and go from there. I agree with Tamtam that you shouldn't automatically think it's your back, but it's still a little scary. :)

I'll keep you updated if anything exciting happens.

Thanks again!

• Thanks for the update and yes please let us know what comes from this - it could be of help to someone else down the road as well :)
  • I'd agree. Go see your primary and get referred to a urologist. They can run a few tests and see if it is your bladder. While they can't completely rule out that nerves aren't doing it. They most certainly can help you get it under control. If the surgeon and PM doc are telling you they don't think it is nerve related then going to the next step of seeing a urologist makes sense.

Sometimes, when all the symptoms point to something simple, maybe it is.

I already went through this and the problem is resolved. It actually was a bladder issue.
  • Hi I have results of MRI scan about to have a discogram very worried about pain do I need to have it what's the alternative thank you
  • i have spine issues, but all my urological issues were directly related to my bladder (hence the four "repair" surgeries....).

fyi, i still have a little trouble, but have determined that it is directly related to how often i take baclofen, a muscle relaxant. that is one of the side effects.

hope you have some answers by now.

• Unfortunately no answers yet. My husband is unemployed, so no funds to see a doctor quite yet. The dribble (and hesitancy) is still there. I have been reminded though that stress can effect the bladder. And to say I'm stressed is an understatement.

I will post once I make it to a urologist and give an update.

• Caity,

I don't know if this is similar? If my bladder is about 1/2 full or more and I sneeze, cough or sometimes move strenuously, I get "leaks". I also can't fully empty my bladder when I go. I've lost full control a couple of times. No surgery on the back - but two levels with herniations.

My GP didn't seem to excited about it as I am nearing 50 - according to *her* (not me) we develop "leaking" issues - not sure if I buy that right now. Pads help. It still is very annoying. I don't need a referral, so I might see a urologist on my own if it gets much worse.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • things happen to me. Sometimes I go to stand up and feel a little wetness. Nothing that leaks through to my pants, but I feel it creeping out, not really feeling though that I have to go. You're right, it's soooo annoying!
  • I have found that "(Poise) have worked for me. It is very ANNOYING to have wet pants - regardless of the issue or cause!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • just wanted to throw this in, too; have you increased your coffee consumption? it can really play havoc with the bladder, too....just a fleeting thought worth mentioning!

• I've been having the same problems and Im a 27 yr old guy sucks right, I didnt think of my spine doing that but Im going to ask the doc, wow always something with a jacked up spine, I got C4-C7 fused and in my T spine I have 2 H disks and 3 B disks with degenerative disk desease and I need surgery on my L and S spine so Ive had all kind of problems throughout my body that tied into my spine and now maybe a leaky pipe wow SO WHERE DO THEY SELL NEW SPINES
  • make sure it's not a prostate issue, too...

ladies, continue to do your kegels, too; they're good for strengthening the pelvic floor, etc., no matter what.
  • I had the same leakage, sneezing or laughing was aweful. My GYN did a sling surgery on my bladder tube(for better term). Was a 100% sucsess!! Having 2 kids, and 50, although it started about 5-10 years ago, slowly. Very common. Surgery was a breeze. no incisions. Of course, surgery is surgery. But after 2 fusion surgery, I dont think any surgery is that bad. Check it out, I am happy I did. Good Luck!
  • I saw my primary doc and she is referring me to a urologist. I am also under A LOT of stress, so it could be just that simple. We will see!!!!
This discussion has been closed.